Have finally booked all but one hotel for our 2 month trip to Europe! Just having a bit of trouble working out our stopover in United Arab Emirates and could do with a bit of advice….
My sister and I arrive at Abu Dhabi Airport at 0715AM and fly home to Melbourne at 1810 the following night. We are hoping to take the Emirates coach into Dubai on the first morning, spend the day exploring, then take the coach back to Abu Dhabi and stay in a hotel there. With this in mind, do you think it would be better to stay in a hotel at/near the airport, or in Abu Dhabi city centre? I guess we’d have to go to our hotel before taking the coach to Dubai to check in and drop off our luggage. Or does the airport offer luggage storage?
We are hoping to then see a bit of Abu Dhabi on the second day before our flight leaves that night. How far is the city centre from the airport? And would this be possible seeing as we’d have to be at the airport at least a couple hours before our flight?
Any hotel recommendations would be great too!
Need advice on Abu Dhabi/Dubai stopover
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 FS: 2013 Toyota Sequoia PLATINUM / Evoque 2012
- 9 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 10 What camera to use on safari
- 11 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 12 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 13 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 14 India
- 15 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 16 Ideas about the trip.
- 17 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 20 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 21 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 22 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 23 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 24 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 25 Ethiopian Air - Horrible