I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Napoli - Chievo in diretta
- 2 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 3 Private Guide for Cairo
- 4 Texting from US to Israel
- 5 Itinerary Ideas
- 6 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 7 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 8 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 9 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 10 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 11 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 12 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 13 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 14 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 15 Passport pages stuck together
- 16 Self drive tour south africa
- 17 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 18 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 19 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 20 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 21 Duba activities - help deciding
- 22 Eilat
- 23 recommendations for AI islands
- 24 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 25 Petra from Israel