I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 First trip to Africa
- 6 Israel Transportation
- 7 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 8 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 9 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 10 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 11 IRAN
- 12 Money in Uganda
- 13 Uganda Visa
- 14 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 15 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 16 Private Guide for Cairo
- 17 Egypt - Need Help!
- 18 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 19 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 20 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 21 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 22 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 23 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 24 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 25 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?