I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Need advice - 5 Days in South Africa at the start of May
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 2 nights
- 2 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 3 MOROCCO SOLO
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Looking for out of the way places
- 6 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 9 Tanzania Safari
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation