I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Petra Wadi Rum
- 2 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 3 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 4 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 5 Best African Safari
- 6 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 7 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 8 What is worth seeing in November?
- 9 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 10 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 11 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 12 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 13 Israeli Tour Guides
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 16 Masai Mara in May
- 17 Western Desert Itinerary
- 18 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 19 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 20 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 21 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 22 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 23 Trip to Merzouga
- 24 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 25 Uganda Visa