I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tiberias with kids
- 2 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 3 Lion World
- 4 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 5 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 6 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 7 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 8 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 9 Mpumalanga visit
- 10 safe areas to go on safari
- 11 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 12 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 13 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 14 Victoria Falls
- 15 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 16 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 17 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 18 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 19 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 20 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 21 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 22 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 23 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 24 Kruger park
- 25 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay