I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Need advice - 5 Days in South Africa at the start of May
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 4 Hotels in Nairobi
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 Uganda Travel Planning
- 7 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 8 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 9 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 10 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 11 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 12 Green Season Safari Questions
- 13 Novice Safari question
- 14 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 15 Quick question about Kenya..
- 16 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant