I'm traveling for work to Namibia at the end of April but on coming back through Johannesburg have held my return for 5 days to do some additional 'fun' travel.
As the time is coming up quickly (this trip was somewhat sprung on me), I'm hoping this forum is helpful for working out a few ideas for what to do with my time. My thoughts are below - pls, feel free to comment/criticize..
1. Victoria's Falls - too far? too much time? Not ideal for solo traveler?
2. Safari - Can I situate this myself or do I need to go through a travel agent? Any suggestions on which game park to visit? Again, traveling alone so would like some sense of social atmosphere.
3. Drakensbergs - Hiking/Camping..
4. Stay in Johannesburg? - But is 5 days too much time there? Should I use this opportunity to visit other parts of SA?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 2 After Botswana ?
- 3 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 4 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 5 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 6 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 7 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 8 Timing for Africa visit
- 9 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 10 Morocco over Christmas
- 11 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 12 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 13 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 14 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 15 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 16 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 17 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 18 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 19 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 20 DOHA LAYOVER
- 21 Morocco Questions
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Botswana safari recs
- 24 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 25 Safe to Travel to Morocco