My husband and I are independent travelers but looking to visit Namibia for the first time (late 40s). We are considering October -- is the weather and game viewing good then? Also we have done 3 safari camps in South Africa/Botswana so our main interest is the sanddunes, skeleton coast,whatever is unique, etc. We are open to driving but possibly combining this with a flight or two since our trip time may be limited. Beyond Windhoek, Sossusvlei, Swakopmund & Etosha --any other areas to consider. Suggestions for local operator who could help us arrange hotel, cars, camps, etc. Thanks for all your help -- the Fodor forum is great!
Namibia Trip Help, Ideas, Etc.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 2 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 3 To go to Israel or not?
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 6 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 9 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 10 Dubai > Oman?
- 11 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 12 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 13 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 14 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 15 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 18 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 19 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 20 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 21 Awesome trip and still not done
- 22 South Africa
- 23 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 24 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 25 Private Conservancy Recommendations