My husband and I are independent travelers but looking to visit Namibia for the first time (late 40s). We are considering October -- is the weather and game viewing good then? Also we have done 3 safari camps in South Africa/Botswana so our main interest is the sanddunes, skeleton coast,whatever is unique, etc. We are open to driving but possibly combining this with a flight or two since our trip time may be limited. Beyond Windhoek, Sossusvlei, Swakopmund & Etosha --any other areas to consider. Suggestions for local operator who could help us arrange hotel, cars, camps, etc. Thanks for all your help -- the Fodor forum is great!
Namibia Trip Help, Ideas, Etc.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Uganda Travel Planning
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant