Can anybody help us with expected travel times by ca (SUV) for our namibia trip: (always shortest route)
1) windhoek airport to zebra kalahari lodge:
Location: Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve
District road D1268
From Windhoek >>On B1 to Rehoboth
Towards Kalkrand >>
Before Kalkrand turn left on C21 for 48 km>>
Turn onto D1268 for 22km.
Intu Afrika entrance gate on your right.
2) from this place to sesriem
3) from sesriem tot swakopmund
4) from swakopmund to camp kipwe in damaraland, see here: http://www.kipwe.com/map3.pdf
5) from there to epacha game lodge:
Outjo direction Okaukuejo
Take left : district road 2695,
follow for 27 km the Epacha gate
is at your right hand.
South 19°,25’5” East 15°,40”6′
Length: 1850m Surface: gravel
6) and very important for us, from Okaukuejo all the way south of the etosha pan passing Halali and Namutoni to the Von Lindequist Gate, I am very curious how much travel time this will take without stops? If we take half a day to go this way, will that be enough?
7) from Von Lindequist Gate to Windhoek?
We are thinking of taking the Kia Sportage, it is a SUV, but a 2 WD, will that be enough for this route? I mean we want a can high on his wheels, this can is a SUV but 2 WD...
Thanks very much!!
NAMIBIA: travel times for our round trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Uganda Travel Planning
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 4 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 5 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 6 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 7 Hotels in Nairobi
- 8 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant