Can anybody help us with expected travel times by ca (SUV) for our namibia trip: (always shortest route)
1) windhoek airport to zebra kalahari lodge:
Location: Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve
District road D1268
From Windhoek >>On B1 to Rehoboth
Towards Kalkrand >>
Before Kalkrand turn left on C21 for 48 km>>
Turn onto D1268 for 22km.
Intu Afrika entrance gate on your right.
2) from this place to sesriem
3) from sesriem tot swakopmund
4) from swakopmund to camp kipwe in damaraland, see here: http://www.kipwe.com/map3.pdf
5) from there to epacha game lodge:
Outjo direction Okaukuejo
Take left : district road 2695,
follow for 27 km the Epacha gate
is at your right hand.
South 19°,25’5” East 15°,40”6′
Length: 1850m Surface: gravel
6) and very important for us, from Okaukuejo all the way south of the etosha pan passing Halali and Namutoni to the Von Lindequist Gate, I am very curious how much travel time this will take without stops? If we take half a day to go this way, will that be enough?
7) from Von Lindequist Gate to Windhoek?
We are thinking of taking the Kia Sportage, it is a SUV, but a 2 WD, will that be enough for this route? I mean we want a can high on his wheels, this can is a SUV but 2 WD...
Thanks very much!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 2 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 3 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 4 israel tour
- 5 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 6 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 7 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 8 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 9 Luxury train ride
- 10 Safety in Fes
- 11 Petra from Israel
- 12 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 13 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 14 Sim card mainly for data
- 15 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 16 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 17 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 18 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 19 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 20 Cape Town
- 21 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Travel to Cairo in July
- 24 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 25 The Safari Collection