Can anybody help us with expected travel times by ca (SUV) for our namibia trip: (always shortest route)
1) windhoek airport to zebra kalahari lodge:
Location: Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve
District road D1268
From Windhoek >>On B1 to Rehoboth
Towards Kalkrand >>
Before Kalkrand turn left on C21 for 48 km>>
Turn onto D1268 for 22km.
Intu Afrika entrance gate on your right.
2) from this place to sesriem
3) from sesriem tot swakopmund
4) from swakopmund to camp kipwe in damaraland, see here: http://www.kipwe.com/map3.pdf
5) from there to epacha game lodge:
Outjo direction Okaukuejo
Take left : district road 2695,
follow for 27 km the Epacha gate
is at your right hand.
South 19°,25’5” East 15°,40”6′
Length: 1850m Surface: gravel
6) and very important for us, from Okaukuejo all the way south of the etosha pan passing Halali and Namutoni to the Von Lindequist Gate, I am very curious how much travel time this will take without stops? If we take half a day to go this way, will that be enough?
7) from Von Lindequist Gate to Windhoek?
We are thinking of taking the Kia Sportage, it is a SUV, but a 2 WD, will that be enough for this route? I mean we want a can high on his wheels, this can is a SUV but 2 WD...
Thanks very much!!
NAMIBIA: travel times for our round trip
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tel Aviv beaches
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 4 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 5 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 6 israel and petra
- 7 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 8 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 9 Israel and Petra
- 10 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 11 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 12 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 13 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 14 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 15 Morocco for 2 nights
- 16 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 17 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 18 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 19 Tanzania Safari
- 20 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 21 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 22 Magnificant Morocco
- 23 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 24 Hotels in Nairobi
- 25 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco