Can anybody help us with expected travel times by ca (SUV) for our namibia trip: (always shortest route)
1) windhoek airport to zebra kalahari lodge:
Location: Intu Afrika Kalahari Game Reserve
District road D1268
From Windhoek >>On B1 to Rehoboth
Towards Kalkrand >>
Before Kalkrand turn left on C21 for 48 km>>
Turn onto D1268 for 22km.
Intu Afrika entrance gate on your right.
2) from this place to sesriem
3) from sesriem tot swakopmund
4) from swakopmund to camp kipwe in damaraland, see here: http://www.kipwe.com/map3.pdf
5) from there to epacha game lodge:
Outjo direction Okaukuejo
Take left : district road 2695,
follow for 27 km the Epacha gate
is at your right hand.
South 19°,25’5” East 15°,40”6′
Length: 1850m Surface: gravel
6) and very important for us, from Okaukuejo all the way south of the etosha pan passing Halali and Namutoni to the Von Lindequist Gate, I am very curious how much travel time this will take without stops? If we take half a day to go this way, will that be enough?
7) from Von Lindequist Gate to Windhoek?
We are thinking of taking the Kia Sportage, it is a SUV, but a 2 WD, will that be enough for this route? I mean we want a can high on his wheels, this can is a SUV but 2 WD...
Thanks very much!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 2 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 5 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 6 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 7 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 8 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 9 Safari in South Africa
- 10 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 11 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 12 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 13 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 14 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 15 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 16 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 17 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 18 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 19 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 20 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 21 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 22 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 23 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 24 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 25 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?