We have free flights into Namibia but very limited time. We are planning a self-driving tour with the following itinerary:
2 Nights Windhoek: 1 night each for arrival and departure.
2 Nights Sossusvlei
2 Nights Swakopmund
3 Night Skeleton Coast Fly-in (if possible)
There will not be time or driving patience for a trip to Etosha and we have already done safaris. So what would be the best routing for our car travels. If we are trying to keep the costs at a reasonable level, what are some lodging suggestions that don't break the bank. Right now for Soussvlei, we are considering Kulala Desert Lodge or Wolwedans. Info on either -- location, what they include, guides, etc. Also looking at Secret Garden or Strand for Swakopmund and Olive Grove Guest House in Windhoek -- location and quality for these???
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 2 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 3 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 4 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 5 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 6 HELP WITH TOURS FROM EILAT TO PETRA
- 7 Uganda Visa
- 8 Uganda Trip Report
- 9 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 10 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 11 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 12 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 13 Trip to Petra
- 14 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 15 Cape Town -safety
- 16 Trip to Merzouga
- 17 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 18 Swaziland in January
- 19 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 20 good internet connection option Meknes
- 21 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 22 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 23 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 24 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 25 Tanzania Safari with OAT