We have free flights into Namibia but very limited time. We are planning a self-driving tour with the following itinerary:
2 Nights Windhoek: 1 night each for arrival and departure.
2 Nights Sossusvlei
2 Nights Swakopmund
3 Night Skeleton Coast Fly-in (if possible)
There will not be time or driving patience for a trip to Etosha and we have already done safaris. So what would be the best routing for our car travels. If we are trying to keep the costs at a reasonable level, what are some lodging suggestions that don't break the bank. Right now for Soussvlei, we are considering Kulala Desert Lodge or Wolwedans. Info on either -- location, what they include, guides, etc. Also looking at Secret Garden or Strand for Swakopmund and Olive Grove Guest House in Windhoek -- location and quality for these???
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 2 Audley Travel
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 5 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 8 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 9 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Safari in South Africa
- 12 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 13 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 14 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 15 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 16 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 17 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 18 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 19 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 20 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 21 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 22 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 23 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 24 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 25 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators