Fodor's Experts & Members,
3 guys including me are self driving through namibia for 10 days in Sept/Oct. In and out of Windhoek, rented a Land Rover 110 Defender. We've done Kruger Before and are excited for Namibia. With limited time, we don't mind driving long distances, but want to experience all Namibia has to offer. Extreme terrain/landscape, Skeleton Coast and wildlife.
Question: I would love to share my detailed itinerary with a member(s) who are experts in Namibia to poke holes in it and tell me if I'm crazy, so if you're interested please email me/message me and we can chat. Otherwise, here is the shortened list below...Is this crazy or can I do it? Secondary question - we really want to self-camp in the Palmwag concession, any advice?
Day 1 – Windhoek arrival 840 PM
Day 2 – Windhoek to Etosha; late arrival
Day 3 – Etosha; all day entering from Von driving through park to Anderson
Day 4 – Etosha morning then to N. Damaraland, late game drive, staying over at Palmwag Lodge
Day 5 – N. Damaraland; extreme remote camping, leave Palmwag Lodge and go camping
Day 6 – N. Damaraland; in the morning head out to Terrace Bay in the evening
Day 7 – Terrace Bay; early departure through Southern Damaraland; to Swakopmund – arrive at night not too late 5-7pm (most aggressive)
Day 8 – Swakopmund; sand boarding – leave Swakopmund in the afternoon for the 3-4 hour drive to our camp outside the Sossusvlei Dunes
Day 9 – Sossusvlei Dunes; all day – hiking dunes, canyons, etc. – Leave Sossusvlei and head up towards Windhoek but we’ll be staying at a Guest Farm in the Namib Desert
Day 10 – leave Guest Farm and drive 3-4 hours back to Windhoek to Depart
Namibia Self Drive Help - Am I too ambitious?
Fodor's Experts & Members,
- 1 a week in africa
- 2 10 days in south Africa
- 3 Renting a car in Israel
- 4 Been there done that? Doesn't apply
- 5 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 6 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 7 What about money?
- 8 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 9 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 10 17 days in Israel our way
- 11 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 12 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 13 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 14 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 15 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 16 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 17 Accra airport
- 18 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 19 morocco
- 20 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 21 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 22 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 23 Trip extension from Cape town
- 24 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 25 how to join a Kenya safari once in country