My husband and I just booked airline tickets to Namibia for next August. Based on atravelynn's trip report (I believe she gave me some good advice several years ago when we went to Botswana), I have contacted Wild Dog Safari's for some sample itineraries.
We are interested in a private guided tour, for 12 nights total, not including Windhoek. I think they were a little confused, because both proposals are for 13 nights. The first has two nights in Windhoek, so I would add another day most likely in Etosha. The second has 12 nights with the 13th in Windhoek, so we'd just chop that off. They mentioned we could make any changes we'd like, but I am still trying to get a feel for everything.
Any advice on the following two itineraries would be great. I am leaning towards the second because the lodges look nicer, but the first mentions specifically the meerkats can be seen at Solitaire. The second also seems to have a bit less travel but it's a bit hard to tell so far. I don't have set in stone must sees, but the notable game we missed in Botswana was Meerkat, Cheetah, and Rhino. We are looking for good game viewing, relaxation, decent food and wine, and good scenery.
#1 - Namibia Private Guide
Sossusvlei - Sossus Dune Lodge -2 nights
Solitaire - Solitaire Guest Farm and Desert Ranch - 1 night
Swakopmund - Amanpuri Travellers Lodge - 2 nights
Twyfelfontein - Twtfelfontein Country Lodge - 1 night
Damaraland - Grootberg Lodge - 2 nights
Etosha - Okaukuejo Rest Camp - 1 night
Etosha - Namutoni Rest Camp - 1 night
Okonjima Nature Reserve - Okonjima Plains Camp - 1 night
#2 Naturally Namibia Safari
Sossusvlei - Sossusvlei Lodge - 2 nights
Swakopmund - Villa Margherita - 2 nights
Erongo - Erongo Wilderness Lodge - 1 night
Kaokoveld - Hobatere Lodge - 2 nights
Etosha - Andersson's Camp - 2 nights
Etosha - Musher Lodge - 2 nights
Okonjima Nature Reserve - 1 night.
Thoughts on any of this would be great.
I appreciate the feedback,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 2 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 3 Egypt Trip Planning
- 4 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 5 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 6 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 7 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 8 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 9 Safari In June
- 10 Business trip to Israel
- 11 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 12 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 13 honeymoon place
- 14 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 15 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 16 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 17 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 18 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 19 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 20 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 21 Yom Hazikaron
- 22 Yom Haatzmaut
- 23 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 24 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 25 recomendation on African Safari company