My husband and I just booked airline tickets to Namibia for next August. Based on atravelynn's trip report (I believe she gave me some good advice several years ago when we went to Botswana), I have contacted Wild Dog Safari's for some sample itineraries.
We are interested in a private guided tour, for 12 nights total, not including Windhoek. I think they were a little confused, because both proposals are for 13 nights. The first has two nights in Windhoek, so I would add another day most likely in Etosha. The second has 12 nights with the 13th in Windhoek, so we'd just chop that off. They mentioned we could make any changes we'd like, but I am still trying to get a feel for everything.
Any advice on the following two itineraries would be great. I am leaning towards the second because the lodges look nicer, but the first mentions specifically the meerkats can be seen at Solitaire. The second also seems to have a bit less travel but it's a bit hard to tell so far. I don't have set in stone must sees, but the notable game we missed in Botswana was Meerkat, Cheetah, and Rhino. We are looking for good game viewing, relaxation, decent food and wine, and good scenery.
#1 - Namibia Private Guide
Sossusvlei - Sossus Dune Lodge -2 nights
Solitaire - Solitaire Guest Farm and Desert Ranch - 1 night
Swakopmund - Amanpuri Travellers Lodge - 2 nights
Twyfelfontein - Twtfelfontein Country Lodge - 1 night
Damaraland - Grootberg Lodge - 2 nights
Etosha - Okaukuejo Rest Camp - 1 night
Etosha - Namutoni Rest Camp - 1 night
Okonjima Nature Reserve - Okonjima Plains Camp - 1 night
#2 Naturally Namibia Safari
Sossusvlei - Sossusvlei Lodge - 2 nights
Swakopmund - Villa Margherita - 2 nights
Erongo - Erongo Wilderness Lodge - 1 night
Kaokoveld - Hobatere Lodge - 2 nights
Etosha - Andersson's Camp - 2 nights
Etosha - Musher Lodge - 2 nights
Okonjima Nature Reserve - 1 night.
Thoughts on any of this would be great.
I appreciate the feedback,
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://testosteronesboosterweb.com/test-max-365/
- 2 Helps in penis growth and elevates orgasms
- 3 Increases sexual appetite and the blood flow to the penis
- 4 Looking for Holiday Rentals in Dubai
- 5 When is the best time to climb Kilimanjaro?
- 6 St Lucia area & Drakensberg rock art
- 7 Security question for recent visitors to Egypt.
- 8 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 9 Advice on private tour Morocco
- 10 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 11 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 14 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 15 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 16 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 17 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 18 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 19 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 20 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 21 Cairo International Airport
- 22 Petra from Israel
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 25 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016