Hello! We're going to Namibia for 2 weeks at the end of September and are going to drive btween Windhoek, Etosha, Damaraland, Swakopmund and Sossusvlei. We've reserved a 2WD (standard transmission with a/c). The big question is: should we pay 200 euros more for the 2 week rental to get super insurance coverage that has 0 deductible/deposit for theft, damage, etc? With insurance it's 36 euros a day; without it's 22. Without the super coverage there's a deposit of N$25,000. So I'm wondering if those of you who have driven there think there are enough risks to warrant dishing out 200 extra bucks or should we take the risk of having to pay over 2500 bucks in case of damage? Thanks for your opinions! I'm having a hard time deciding because I'd like to save some money...
Namibia car rental
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 7 Morocco for 2 nights
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 MOROCCO SOLO
- 10 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 11 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 12 Looking for out of the way places
- 13 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 14 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 15 Tanzania Safari
- 16 Sabi Sands camps
- 17 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 18 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 19 trip report, morocco
- 20 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 21 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 22 East Africa summer 2014
- 23 Cape Town Safety?
- 24 first time family safari in August 2014
- 25 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...