We are looking at visiting Namibia and Botswana next spring and would appreciate your advise on where to stay and what the absolute must do adventures are. In 2007 we switched to visit Zambia and S. Africa after receiving great advise from you. We really enjoyed walking safaris, hiking, tiger fishing, a little scared to do canoeing in great populations of hippos after having one go under our canoe but don't mind being in a boat if it's safer. We enjoyed the ultra light ride over Vic Falls so the hot air balloon trip sounds fun (although can someone recommend a provider other than the one Robin dealt with on her trip). The one thing we said we would do this time is tack on a few days on a beach relaxing and recouperating after a pretty intense safari schedule. We have 2 1/2 weeks on the ground in Africa so we really must choose wisely. Could you please give us suggestions for the camps - we can rough a few days in each place but its nice to have a nicer place at least for a few days in each location. Also, can you please advise where we can go for a few restful beach days or is the weather too iffy in May? Is May the best time to visit for animal viewing, weather, etc.? We used Island Safari to book our last trip, are there others that you recommend that specialize in Bots & Namib? Sorry so many questions. Thanks for your help.
Namibia, Botswana & beach
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Green Season Safari Questions
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Hotels in Nairobi
- 6 Novice Safari question
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 9 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 10 Quick question about Kenya..
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 13 Morocco in April 2014
- 14 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 15 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 16 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 17 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 18 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 19 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 20 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 21 Uganda Travel Planning
- 22 Israel and Jordan
- 23 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 24 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 25 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September