We are looking at visiting Namibia and Botswana next spring and would appreciate your advise on where to stay and what the absolute must do adventures are. In 2007 we switched to visit Zambia and S. Africa after receiving great advise from you. We really enjoyed walking safaris, hiking, tiger fishing, a little scared to do canoeing in great populations of hippos after having one go under our canoe but don't mind being in a boat if it's safer. We enjoyed the ultra light ride over Vic Falls so the hot air balloon trip sounds fun (although can someone recommend a provider other than the one Robin dealt with on her trip). The one thing we said we would do this time is tack on a few days on a beach relaxing and recouperating after a pretty intense safari schedule. We have 2 1/2 weeks on the ground in Africa so we really must choose wisely. Could you please give us suggestions for the camps - we can rough a few days in each place but its nice to have a nicer place at least for a few days in each location. Also, can you please advise where we can go for a few restful beach days or is the weather too iffy in May? Is May the best time to visit for animal viewing, weather, etc.? We used Island Safari to book our last trip, are there others that you recommend that specialize in Bots & Namib? Sorry so many questions. Thanks for your help.
Namibia, Botswana & beach
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour