We are looking at visiting Namibia and Botswana next spring and would appreciate your advise on where to stay and what the absolute must do adventures are. In 2007 we switched to visit Zambia and S. Africa after receiving great advise from you. We really enjoyed walking safaris, hiking, tiger fishing, a little scared to do canoeing in great populations of hippos after having one go under our canoe but don't mind being in a boat if it's safer. We enjoyed the ultra light ride over Vic Falls so the hot air balloon trip sounds fun (although can someone recommend a provider other than the one Robin dealt with on her trip). The one thing we said we would do this time is tack on a few days on a beach relaxing and recouperating after a pretty intense safari schedule. We have 2 1/2 weeks on the ground in Africa so we really must choose wisely. Could you please give us suggestions for the camps - we can rough a few days in each place but its nice to have a nicer place at least for a few days in each location. Also, can you please advise where we can go for a few restful beach days or is the weather too iffy in May? Is May the best time to visit for animal viewing, weather, etc.? We used Island Safari to book our last trip, are there others that you recommend that specialize in Bots & Namib? Sorry so many questions. Thanks for your help.
Namibia, Botswana & beach
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 2 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 3 Tour to Morocco
- 4 Morrocco and Cash
- 5 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 6 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 7 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 11 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 14 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 15 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 16 First time in Africa on safari
- 17 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 18 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 21 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 22 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 23 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 24 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 25 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014