Wondering whether a 1 or 2-day side trip from Cape Town in early October would be enough to see anything of the famous spring flowers. As we have only this limited time on this leg of our trip, we're clearly constrained how far north out of Cape Town we could get, and wouldn't want to drive more than 250km round trip - which will clearly preclude us from getting much beyond the West Coast NP. Any positive recommendations in this region (even not related to the flowers), or do we have to save for another time when we can get right up the coast to Springbok and beyond?
Namaqualand side-trip from Cape Town?
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What about money?
- 3 a week in africa
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 6 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 7 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 8 Accra airport
- 9 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 10 17 days in Israel our way
- 11 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 12 morocco
- 13 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 14 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 15 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 16 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 17 Trip extension from Cape town
- 18 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 19 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 20 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 21 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 22 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania
- 23 Visit visa for South Africa
- 24 Opinions on airlines BOS to NBO
- 25 Is now a good time to visit Yemen