Wondering whether a 1 or 2-day side trip from Cape Town in early October would be enough to see anything of the famous spring flowers. As we have only this limited time on this leg of our trip, we're clearly constrained how far north out of Cape Town we could get, and wouldn't want to drive more than 250km round trip - which will clearly preclude us from getting much beyond the West Coast NP. Any positive recommendations in this region (even not related to the flowers), or do we have to save for another time when we can get right up the coast to Springbok and beyond?
Namaqualand side-trip from Cape Town?
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 My trip to Egypt .....
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 13 Homestay Accomodation
- 14 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 15 Selous game reserve
- 16 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 19 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 20 Group Trip to Israel
- 21 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 22 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 23 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 24 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 25 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal