A bit off-topic, but while at Stanley's camp we did a walk with the elephants - something I would recommend to anyone. It was probably our most treasured experience. After walking and talking with the couple who live with these tame rescued eles (sleeping in a truck so the eles can roam), we ended up at a outdoor lunch. My favorite dish was made from a stack of crepes layered with a meat and tomato sauce and cheese, and then cut in wedges for serving. Does anyone know what this dish is called and/or how to make it? I would love to make this for my friends this weekend. This was in Botswana but it is possible the wonderful cook might have been from anywhere in Africa.
My favorite African dish - made w/crepes
- 1 River Cruise for Several Days in South Africa (or adjacent) ?
- 2 Best way to go from Morocco to Barcelona
- 3 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 4 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 5 17 days in Israel our way
- 6 Africa Safari
- 7 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 8 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 9 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 10 Tanzania in 2014
- 11 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 12 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 13 Morocco - private tour operators
- 14 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 15 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 16 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 17 Tangier - A four day city break
- 18 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 19 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 20 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 21 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 22 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 23 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 24 phone service
- 25 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air