We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Muscat Hotels and getting around ...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town Trip
- 2 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 3 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 4 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 5 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 6 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 7 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 8 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 9 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 10 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 11 Eilat to Petra
- 12 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 13 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 14 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 15 Safaga activités
- 16 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 17 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 18 Jordan vacation
- 19 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 20 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 21 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 22 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 23 Serengeti self-drive camping trip
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 Egypt with Zahi Hawass