We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 This additionally may be advanced on the
- 2 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 3 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 5 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 6 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 7 Safari In June
- 8 Business trip to Israel
- 9 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 10 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 11 honeymoon place
- 12 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 13 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 14 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 15 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 16 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 17 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 18 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 19 Yom Hazikaron
- 20 Yom Haatzmaut
- 21 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 22 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 23 recomendation on African Safari company
- 24 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 25 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016