We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 help with itinerary please
- 2 First time safari question
- 3 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 4 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 5 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 6 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 7 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 8 Swala Safaris
- 9 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 10 Dubai
- 11 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 12 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 13 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 14 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 15 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 16 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 17 Etosha help
- 18 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 19 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 20 private game reserve-kruger
- 21 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 22 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 23 go2africa
- 24 Fabulous Feb. 2016 Rwanda, Tanzania and Kenya Trip
- 25 NAMIBIA rent a car from Windhoek Airport