We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mauritius info request please
- 2 SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015
- 3 South Africa- Capetown/Safari Planning Help Please
- 4 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 5 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 6 Extended wait time at JNB airport
- 7 New Visa Rules on arrival for Kenya W.E.F 01 July 2015
- 8 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 9 WiFi on Safari
- 10 Travel within Africa
- 11 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 12 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 13 Israel itinerary planning
- 14 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 15 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 16 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 17 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 18 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 19 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 20 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 21 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 22 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 23 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 24 Need itineary planning help
- 25 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari