We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 2 Madagascar - your tips please
- 3 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 4 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 5 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 6 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 7 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 8 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 9 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 10 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 11 Road To Morocco Tours
- 12 Magnificant Morocco
- 13 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 14 Africa Film Festival
- 15 Is the migration early this year
- 16 Roar Africa reviews
- 17 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 18 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 19 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 20 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 21 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 22 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 23 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 24 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 25 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River