We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Muscat Hotels and getting around ...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 2 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 3 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 4 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 5 Boutique hotels in israel
- 6 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 7 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 8 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 9 *****Moroccan Tour Operator*****(Tutti In Marocco.com)
- 10 Short layover at JNB
- 11 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 12 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 13 A family safari in Tanzania
- 14 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 15 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 16 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 17 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 18 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 19 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 20 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 21 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?
- 22 Uganda/Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- 23 Israel and Petra
- 24 Tanzania Safari 7 or 8 night itinerary recommendations
- 25 Car Service - Abu Dhabi to Dubai