We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 2 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 3 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 4 Viator tour company
- 5 tours in Johannesburg
- 6 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 7 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 8 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 9 South African Cities
- 10 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 11 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 12 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 13 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 14 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 15 where to go in africa
- 16 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 17 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 18 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 Help with bags
- 21 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 22 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 23 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 24 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 25 Israeli Tour Guides