We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Muscat Hotels and getting around ...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kruger
- 2 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 3 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 4 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 5 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 8 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 9 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 10 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 11 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 12 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 15 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 16 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 17 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 18 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 19 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 20 Car Rentals in Israel
- 21 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 22 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 23 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 24 Johannesburg...?
- 25 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants