We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Muscat Hotels and getting around ...
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 [UGANDA] Selected Budget and MidRange Tour Operators.
- 2 Back from 26 Days in the Falkland Islands - Happy to answer any questions
- 3 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 4 Skywards voucher - Dubai airport
- 5 Question about UK outlet adapters & taps
- 6 Johannesburg
- 7 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 8 Rental cars in Cape Town
- 9 Transiting through Cairo
- 10 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 13 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 14 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 15 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 16 Car Rentals in Israel
- 17 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 18 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 19 Morocco to portugal
- 20 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 21 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 22 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 23 Independence Day in Israel
- 24 Drinking on safari
- 25 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners