We are planning seven days in Muscat in September. We want a luxury hotel with lazy days by the pool/beach, relaxing, eating good food and shopping and soaking up the culture.
We really fancy The Chedi, and while most people rate it highly I have found a few negative comments, mainly about the beach not being great and the hotel being a bit far out of Muscat.
Can anyone comment on this please? Is it too far out to go to the Souk in the evenings? How would we get around, are taxis an option or very expensive? Or would you recommend a more central hotel?
Any advice gratefully received.
Muscat Hotels and getting around ...
- 1 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 2 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 3 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 4 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 5 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 6 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 7 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 8 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 9 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 10 Africa Safari
- 11 Morocco - private tour operators
- 12 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 13 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 14 Kruger Park trip
- 15 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 16 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 17 phone service
- 18 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 19 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 20 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 21 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 22 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 23 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 24 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 25 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?