In October 2017 I am taking a long (7 week) trip to Africa, my wife has absolutely no interest in Africa at all but knew it was number one on my travel bucket list and when we came into a little money she encouraged me to go. With me going solo, in several parts of the trip I am paying a hefty single supplement and I was thinking that if anyone wanted to come along it would be relatively cheaper for them since I am paying that. With this in mind I talked to friends and family and those that were interested did not have the cash so I wanted to put it up here and see If anyone is interested in paying a discounted rate to come along for all or part of the journey.
I will list the basic trip below not giving out exact dates (however trips tarts early October) or lodges at this point but happy to discuss that if another single traveler male or female is interested.
The dotted lines = easy trip break down spots. The first and 3rd area are substantially cheaper than normal per person rate the 2 and 4th honestly not a huge saving over normal per person rate.
( Tanzania- Kenya)
Day 1-2 Nairobi
Day 3 Stone town Zanzibar
Day 4-6 Pemba island
Day 7 Arusha
Day 8-9 Tarangire National park
Day 10 Lake Manyara National Park
Day 11 Ngorongoro crater
Day 12-14 Serengetti national park
Day 15-17 Masai Mara conservancy
Day 18 in transit
Day 19 Kigili city tour etc
Day 20-21 Mountain gorilla trekking
Zambi, Zimbabwe, Botswana, South Africa
Day 22 Transit
Day 23-24 Victoria falls
Day 25-28 Hwange national Park
Day 29-30 Chobe National park
Day 31-37 Okavango delta ( 2 different camps)
Day 38 transit
Day 39- 41 Cape town
Day 42 transit
Day 43-45 Sossusvlei
Day 46-49 Skeleton coast area.
Day 50 return
If you have questions or are interested feel free to contact me.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 4 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 5 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 6 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 7 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 8 Yom Hazikaron
- 9 Yom Haatzmaut
- 10 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 11 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 12 recomendation on African Safari company
- 13 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 14 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 15 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 16 One extra day in Jordan
- 17 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 18 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 21 Israel in Late October or November?
- 22 One month in Africa
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 25 Travel to Saudi Arabia