Considering about three weeks in Morocco. Was in Tangiers briefly many years ago. Have traveled elsewhere extensively, so I'm not "afraid" of going on my own, but as a woman alone, I prefer some kind of driver-car situation, even if it's city-by-city. Possibly a very small and short tour group for something specialized. A "make your own" would be great.
I speak French well, if it matters.
Given that I'm arriving mid-March I was thinking it would be better to start toward the south and move north?
Also interested in a "spend a night in a tent in the desert" kind of thing -- looking for something a more authentic than luxurious.
Would also like suggestions on authentic people/village/culture kind of thing -- I can only do so many temples or other buildings -- no belly dancing either -- but a home-stay, or tiny village somewhere, that I would enjoy.
And, of course shopping and food tips!
Looking for mid-level budget in general, tho willing to spring for a night or two that's wonderful, but not just for a fancy hotel that could be anywhere.
Morocco: drivers, mini-tours, desert trips
- 1 phone service
- 2 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 3 Living in Morocco.
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 6 Tanzania in 2014
- 7 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 8 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 9 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 10 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 11 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 12 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 13 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 14 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 16 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 17 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 18 Africa Safari
- 19 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 20 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 21 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 22 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 23 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 24 Morocco - private tour operators
- 25 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?