Considering about three weeks in Morocco. Was in Tangiers briefly many years ago. Have traveled elsewhere extensively, so I'm not "afraid" of going on my own, but as a woman alone, I prefer some kind of driver-car situation, even if it's city-by-city. Possibly a very small and short tour group for something specialized. A "make your own" would be great.
I speak French well, if it matters.
Given that I'm arriving mid-March I was thinking it would be better to start toward the south and move north?
Also interested in a "spend a night in a tent in the desert" kind of thing -- looking for something a more authentic than luxurious.
Would also like suggestions on authentic people/village/culture kind of thing -- I can only do so many temples or other buildings -- no belly dancing either -- but a home-stay, or tiny village somewhere, that I would enjoy.
And, of course shopping and food tips!
Looking for mid-level budget in general, tho willing to spring for a night or two that's wonderful, but not just for a fancy hotel that could be anywhere.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First trip to Africa
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 5 Uganda Visa
- 6 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 7 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 8 Private Guide for Cairo
- 9 Egypt - Need Help!
- 10 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 11 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 12 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 13 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 14 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 15 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 18 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 19 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 20 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 21 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 22 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 23 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 24 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 25 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains