Considering about three weeks in Morocco. Was in Tangiers briefly many years ago. Have traveled elsewhere extensively, so I'm not "afraid" of going on my own, but as a woman alone, I prefer some kind of driver-car situation, even if it's city-by-city. Possibly a very small and short tour group for something specialized. A "make your own" would be great.
I speak French well, if it matters.
Given that I'm arriving mid-March I was thinking it would be better to start toward the south and move north?
Also interested in a "spend a night in a tent in the desert" kind of thing -- looking for something a more authentic than luxurious.
Would also like suggestions on authentic people/village/culture kind of thing -- I can only do so many temples or other buildings -- no belly dancing either -- but a home-stay, or tiny village somewhere, that I would enjoy.
And, of course shopping and food tips!
Looking for mid-level budget in general, tho willing to spring for a night or two that's wonderful, but not just for a fancy hotel that could be anywhere.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 2 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 3 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 4 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 5 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 8 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 9 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 israel tour
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 14 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 15 Luxury train ride
- 16 Safety in Fes
- 17 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Sim card mainly for data
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 24 Cape Town
- 25 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst