Considering about three weeks in Morocco. Was in Tangiers briefly many years ago. Have traveled elsewhere extensively, so I'm not "afraid" of going on my own, but as a woman alone, I prefer some kind of driver-car situation, even if it's city-by-city. Possibly a very small and short tour group for something specialized. A "make your own" would be great.
I speak French well, if it matters.
Given that I'm arriving mid-March I was thinking it would be better to start toward the south and move north?
Also interested in a "spend a night in a tent in the desert" kind of thing -- looking for something a more authentic than luxurious.
Would also like suggestions on authentic people/village/culture kind of thing -- I can only do so many temples or other buildings -- no belly dancing either -- but a home-stay, or tiny village somewhere, that I would enjoy.
And, of course shopping and food tips!
Looking for mid-level budget in general, tho willing to spring for a night or two that's wonderful, but not just for a fancy hotel that could be anywhere.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Israel
- 2 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 3 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 4 Cape Town Itinerary
- 5 Dubai hotels
- 6 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 7 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 8 Pulse Africa???
- 9 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 10 Kruger
- 11 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 12 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 13 Uganda Trip Report
- 14 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 15 itinerary any ideas?
- 16 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 17 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 18 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 19 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 20 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 21 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 22 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 23 Safari buddies - late August
- 24 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 25 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe