I am going back to Botswana in the second week of february. Will go on a private mobile camping safari with Unlimited Tours and Safaris with roughly the following itinerary:
Okavango Delta - 2 nights
Moremi, Kazinnkini - 3 nights
Nxai Pan - 2 nights
Makgadikgadi 2 nights
Kalahari 4 nights
Looking into perhaps switching some nights for Kwando Tau Pan or Nxai if there is availability. Really looking forward to seeing Moses and Thuso from Unlimited again and going on safari with them. It will be great! I would be happy for comments on the itinerary, anything you would do differently?
The most fun part is that my soon 13-year old daughter will come along for the first time. This is really exciting and I really hope that she will fall in love with Africa just like I have done. So I want this to be a really good experience for her, and would appreciate all tips and advice you can give me on how to make this as good as possible for her.
Will bring along a field book, camera and binoculars for her and hopefully break up the safari with a few nights in a lodge for some pool time, internet access and the possibility for us to do different things (she can skip a game drive if she wants or go an a walk or something like that).
Anything else you can think of, appreciate all ideas so we can make this a great experience for us both and hopefully this is just the first safari of many together!
thanks in advance!
Mobile camping in Botswana with children
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 2 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Questions about Chobe
- 5 What camera to use on safari
- 6 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 7 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 8 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 9 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 10 To go to Israel or not?
- 11 Bidair at JNB
- 12 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 13 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 16 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 17 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 18 Dubai > Oman?
- 19 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 20 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 21 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 22 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 23 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 24 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 25 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp