I am going back to Botswana in the second week of february. Will go on a private mobile camping safari with Unlimited Tours and Safaris with roughly the following itinerary:
Okavango Delta - 2 nights
Moremi, Kazinnkini - 3 nights
Nxai Pan - 2 nights
Makgadikgadi 2 nights
Kalahari 4 nights
Looking into perhaps switching some nights for Kwando Tau Pan or Nxai if there is availability. Really looking forward to seeing Moses and Thuso from Unlimited again and going on safari with them. It will be great! I would be happy for comments on the itinerary, anything you would do differently?
The most fun part is that my soon 13-year old daughter will come along for the first time. This is really exciting and I really hope that she will fall in love with Africa just like I have done. So I want this to be a really good experience for her, and would appreciate all tips and advice you can give me on how to make this as good as possible for her.
Will bring along a field book, camera and binoculars for her and hopefully break up the safari with a few nights in a lodge for some pool time, internet access and the possibility for us to do different things (she can skip a game drive if she wants or go an a walk or something like that).
Anything else you can think of, appreciate all ideas so we can make this a great experience for us both and hopefully this is just the first safari of many together!
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 2 Dead Sea day trip
- 3 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 4 Marrakech
- 5 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 6 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 7 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 8 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 9 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 12 Itinerary Ideas
- 13 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 14 Travel to Botswana
- 15 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 16 Loldia House Kenya
- 17 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 18 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 19 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 20 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 21 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 22 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 23 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 24 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006