I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 2 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 3 A Thorough Guide To Fixing That Printer At This Point Not Working
- 4 Approaches On The Best Way To Keep Beautiful
- 5 contract, and in view that the phrases
- 6 Cape Town -safety
- 7 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 8 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 9 Trip to Merzouga
- 10 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 11 Swaziland in January
- 12 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 13 good internet connection option Meknes
- 14 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 15 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 16 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 19 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 20 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 21 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 22 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 25 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city