I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Miscellaneous questions about Uganda
- 1 Morocco - private tour operators
- 2 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 3 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 4 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 6 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 7 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 8 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 9 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 10 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 11 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 12 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 13 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 14 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 15 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 16 Africa Safari
- 17 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 18 Kruger Park trip
- 19 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 20 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 21 phone service
- 22 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 23 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 24 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?