I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Morocco Trip Report
- 3 Israel Transportation
- 4 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 5 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 6 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 7 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 8 Morocco help
- 9 First trip to Africa
- 10 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 11 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 12 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 13 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 14 IRAN
- 15 Money in Uganda
- 16 Uganda Visa
- 17 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 18 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 19 Private Guide for Cairo
- 20 Egypt - Need Help!
- 21 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 22 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 23 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 24 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 25 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park