I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 2 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 3 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 4 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 5 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 6 Buying merchandise
- 7 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 9 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 10 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 11 Egypt January-February 2018
- 12 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 13 safari for the mobility impaired
- 14 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 15 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 16 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 17 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 18 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 19 Dining in Cape Town
- 20 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 21 Dubai plan
- 22 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 23 Israel with kids in August
- 24 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 25 Iran in May