I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 USS $ or RAN in South Africa
- 2 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 3 Single traveler
- 4 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 5 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 6 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 7 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 8 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 9 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 10 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 11 Viator tour company
- 12 tours in Johannesburg
- 13 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 14 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 15 South African Cities
- 16 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 17 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 18 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 19 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 20 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 21 where to go in africa
- 22 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 23 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 24 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 25 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?