I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Business trip to Israel
- 2 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 3 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 honeymoon place
- 6 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 7 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 8 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 9 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 10 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 11 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 12 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 13 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 14 Yom Hazikaron
- 15 Yom Haatzmaut
- 16 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 17 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 18 recomendation on African Safari company
- 19 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 20 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 21 One extra day in Jordan
- 22 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 23 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 24 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 25 April Budget Safari - Tanzania