I have a few miscellaneous questions about my upcoming trip to Uganda.
1) I have read that tipping is appreciated on gorilla treks. What is an appropriate or "normal" amount to tip your guide on gorilla treks? I read that you are expected to tip the guide who in turn tips the trackers and guards. Do you tip the porters that carry your stuff as well? If so, what is an appropriate amount to tip porters? I would assume that the same tipping guidelines would apply to Rwanda treks as well.
2) Can I obtain a visa upon arrive at Entebbe? I am a US citizen but I will be flying to Entebbe on a Rwanda Air flight from Rwanda. I have read that I can obtain the visa upon arrival at the airport. Can anyone that has recently visited Uganda confirm that this is still the case?
3) What is a good way to get to Jinja from Entebbe if I don't take a shuttle with a rafting company or a mini bus? Are there shuttles or transfers offered by any other tour companies? I think I would prefer to travel to Jinja upon arrival to Entebbe so as to minimize travel days. Also in terms of returning from Jinja to Kampala is it possible to pay to get on the shuttles that the rafting companies have if I don't want to raft? I am a little hesitant about being on a crowded minibus.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 reviews entails many vitamin
- 2 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 3 Morocco Questions
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 6 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 7 Botswana safari recs
- 8 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 9 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 10 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 11 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 12 Botswana in January
- 13 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 14 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 15 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 16 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 17 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 18 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 19 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 20 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 21 2 days i n JO'burg
- 22 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 23 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 24 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 25 Zambia HELP!