I thought I would put up this post as I just heard a tour operator on the radio who brings in groups from Canada and has had 4 groups cancel because of the mine strikes and violence that has occurred in South Africa.
Rest assured this is no reason to cancel your trip to South Africa as these are very isolated incidents which do not happen in the Sabi Sands or Cape Town or any other tourist spot. Trust the media to over play it as usual to sell their newspapers and TV coverage. At this moment I have a number of groups on safari and all is well.
I would love to hear your feedback.
Yours on Safari
Owner of Taga Safaris Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 2 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 3 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Mombasa recomendations please
- 6 Private tours in Morocco
- 7 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 8 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 9 First time to Africa-need help!
- 10 How do I know if a company is legit
- 11 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 12 South Africa trip report
- 13 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 14 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 15 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 16 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 17 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 18 Ethiopian security
- 19 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 20 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 21 morocco
- 22 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 25 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay