I thought I would put up this post as I just heard a tour operator on the radio who brings in groups from Canada and has had 4 groups cancel because of the mine strikes and violence that has occurred in South Africa.
Rest assured this is no reason to cancel your trip to South Africa as these are very isolated incidents which do not happen in the Sabi Sands or Cape Town or any other tourist spot. Trust the media to over play it as usual to sell their newspapers and TV coverage. At this moment I have a number of groups on safari and all is well.
I would love to hear your feedback.
Yours on Safari
Owner of Taga Safaris Africa
Mine Strikes in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report