I thought I would put up this post as I just heard a tour operator on the radio who brings in groups from Canada and has had 4 groups cancel because of the mine strikes and violence that has occurred in South Africa.
Rest assured this is no reason to cancel your trip to South Africa as these are very isolated incidents which do not happen in the Sabi Sands or Cape Town or any other tourist spot. Trust the media to over play it as usual to sell their newspapers and TV coverage. At this moment I have a number of groups on safari and all is well.
I would love to hear your feedback.
Yours on Safari
Owner of Taga Safaris Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://elevategffacts.com/reluminize/
- 2 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 3 Morocco Trip Report
- 4 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 7 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 8 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 9 Israel Transportation
- 10 Changing planes at Dubai
- 11 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 14 Morocco help
- 15 First trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 17 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 18 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 19 IRAN
- 20 Money in Uganda
- 21 Uganda Visa
- 22 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 23 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 24 Private Guide for Cairo
- 25 Egypt - Need Help!