I thought I would put up this post as I just heard a tour operator on the radio who brings in groups from Canada and has had 4 groups cancel because of the mine strikes and violence that has occurred in South Africa.
Rest assured this is no reason to cancel your trip to South Africa as these are very isolated incidents which do not happen in the Sabi Sands or Cape Town or any other tourist spot. Trust the media to over play it as usual to sell their newspapers and TV coverage. At this moment I have a number of groups on safari and all is well.
I would love to hear your feedback.
Yours on Safari
Owner of Taga Safaris Africa
Mine Strikes in South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report, morocco
- 2 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Memory cards for camera
- 8 Help with Rwanda trip
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 Sabi Sands camps
- 11 Hotels in Nairobi
- 12 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 13 Rwanda trip report
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 16 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 17 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 20 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 21 Israel and Petra
- 22 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 23 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 24 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 25 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!