I am NOT trying to be alarmist, but there has been a meningitis outbreak in Namibia in Katutura, near Windhoek. There are 43 suspected cases, and the government has insitituted a vaccination campaign. If you are headed in that direction soon, you may simply want to ask your doctor IF he recommends that you get the meningitis vaccine before going. If you're not going right away (and note that the vaccine IS expensive) then you may want to monitor the situation before deciding. Don't panic and cancel your trip, just ask your doctor what he recommends!
Meningitis in Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Memory cards for camera
- 2 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 3 israel and petra
- 4 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 5 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 6 Israel and Petra
- 7 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 8 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 9 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 10 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 11 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 12 Morocco for 2 nights
- 13 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 14 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 15 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 16 Tanzania Safari
- 17 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 18 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 19 Magnificant Morocco
- 20 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 21 Hotels in Nairobi
- 22 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 23 World Travel Expert
- 24 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 25 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles