I am NOT trying to be alarmist, but there has been a meningitis outbreak in Namibia in Katutura, near Windhoek. There are 43 suspected cases, and the government has insitituted a vaccination campaign. If you are headed in that direction soon, you may simply want to ask your doctor IF he recommends that you get the meningitis vaccine before going. If you're not going right away (and note that the vaccine IS expensive) then you may want to monitor the situation before deciding. Don't panic and cancel your trip, just ask your doctor what he recommends!
Meningitis in Namibia
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 My trip to Egypt .....
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 dubai for 5 days
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 8 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 11 Bugs n' Botswana
- 12 Group Trip to Israel
- 13 My Trip to Palestine
- 14 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 15 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 16 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 17 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 18 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 19 Safari and Beach in June
- 20 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 21 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 22 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 23 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation