My son will be working in Uganda for the year (July '07 to June '08). We are starting to think about visiting about half-way through his year there, i.e. late December, early January. We'd love to hear your thoughts....would it be best to meet up in Kampala and stay in Uganda? take him to a beach resort somewhere and if so, where? meet up in Europe (London or other)instead? Go south to Capetown? Our travel "style" is usually "high end of middle" - think Marriott vs. Ritz-Carlton. He's 22 and his same-age girlfriend will be there, too. Thanks so much for any advice. We're coming from the USA (West Coast) so anyway you look at it, it's a very long trip. Would 2 weeks be enough time? (P.S. None of us has ever been to the African continent previously, except for one week in Morocco in 1980).
Meeting up in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa summer 2014
- 2 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 5 Cape Town Safety?
- 6 first time family safari in August 2014
- 7 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 8 Memory cards for camera
- 9 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 10 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 13 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 14 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 15 Help with Rwanda trip
- 16 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 17 Tel Aviv beaches
- 18 trip report, morocco
- 19 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 22 Morocco for 2 nights
- 23 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 24 Hotels in Nairobi
- 25 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)