My son will be working in Uganda for the year (July '07 to June '08). We are starting to think about visiting about half-way through his year there, i.e. late December, early January. We'd love to hear your thoughts....would it be best to meet up in Kampala and stay in Uganda? take him to a beach resort somewhere and if so, where? meet up in Europe (London or other)instead? Go south to Capetown? Our travel "style" is usually "high end of middle" - think Marriott vs. Ritz-Carlton. He's 22 and his same-age girlfriend will be there, too. Thanks so much for any advice. We're coming from the USA (West Coast) so anyway you look at it, it's a very long trip. Would 2 weeks be enough time? (P.S. None of us has ever been to the African continent previously, except for one week in Morocco in 1980).
Meeting up in Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 Quick question about Kenya..
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 7 Morocco in April 2014
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report