My son will be working in Uganda for the year (July '07 to June '08). We are starting to think about visiting about half-way through his year there, i.e. late December, early January. We'd love to hear your thoughts....would it be best to meet up in Kampala and stay in Uganda? take him to a beach resort somewhere and if so, where? meet up in Europe (London or other)instead? Go south to Capetown? Our travel "style" is usually "high end of middle" - think Marriott vs. Ritz-Carlton. He's 22 and his same-age girlfriend will be there, too. Thanks so much for any advice. We're coming from the USA (West Coast) so anyway you look at it, it's a very long trip. Would 2 weeks be enough time? (P.S. None of us has ever been to the African continent previously, except for one week in Morocco in 1980).
Meeting up in Africa
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 Help! First African safari!!!
- 3 My trip to Egypt .....
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 dubai for 5 days
- 6 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 7 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 8 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 9 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 10 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 11 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 12 Bugs n' Botswana
- 13 Group Trip to Israel
- 14 My Trip to Palestine
- 15 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 16 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 17 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 18 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 19 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 20 Safari and Beach in June
- 21 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 22 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 23 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 24 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 25 Homestay Accomodation