My old dad and I are hiring a 4x4 and driver for ten days in Kenya in June.
The places we want to see are:
Samburu (a must)
Lake Bogoria (if that's where the flamingos are)
Lake Navaisha and Crescent Island
Is that a bit ambitious for ten days, if so what can anyone suggest?
We also need suggestions for budget accommodation, especially in Samburu, lodges or tented camps preferably, and with beds because my old dad's back won't stand up to regular camping.
After the safari, we'll be in Mombasa for a few days on business, but we'd like to make a short visit, a couple of days to Tsavo East, can anyone recommend an operator who could help us with that?
Does the Nairobi to Mombasa train still run? If so when?
Mattie and his dad
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What is worth seeing in November?
- 2 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 3 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 4 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 5 Masai Mara in May
- 6 Western Desert Itinerary
- 7 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 8 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 9 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 10 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 11 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 12 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 13 Trip to Merzouga
- 14 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 15 Uganda Visa
- 16 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 17 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 18 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 19 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 20 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 21 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 22 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 23 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 24 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 25 beach visit after safari