My old dad and I are hiring a 4x4 and driver for ten days in Kenya in June.
The places we want to see are:
Samburu (a must)
Lake Bogoria (if that's where the flamingos are)
Lake Navaisha and Crescent Island
Is that a bit ambitious for ten days, if so what can anyone suggest?
We also need suggestions for budget accommodation, especially in Samburu, lodges or tented camps preferably, and with beds because my old dad's back won't stand up to regular camping.
After the safari, we'll be in Mombasa for a few days on business, but we'd like to make a short visit, a couple of days to Tsavo East, can anyone recommend an operator who could help us with that?
Does the Nairobi to Mombasa train still run? If so when?
Mattie and his dad
Me and My Old Dad in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra