My old dad and I are hiring a 4x4 and driver for ten days in Kenya in June.
The places we want to see are:
Samburu (a must)
Lake Bogoria (if that's where the flamingos are)
Lake Navaisha and Crescent Island
Is that a bit ambitious for ten days, if so what can anyone suggest?
We also need suggestions for budget accommodation, especially in Samburu, lodges or tented camps preferably, and with beds because my old dad's back won't stand up to regular camping.
After the safari, we'll be in Mombasa for a few days on business, but we'd like to make a short visit, a couple of days to Tsavo East, can anyone recommend an operator who could help us with that?
Does the Nairobi to Mombasa train still run? If so when?
Mattie and his dad
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 2 Morocco Expert Tours
- 3 Cradle of Humankind
- 4 Johannesburg...?
- 5 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 6 Luxury train ride
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 9 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 10 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 11 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 14 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 15 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 16 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 17 israel tour
- 18 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 19 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 20 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 21 Safety in Fes
- 22 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 25 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina