My old dad and I are hiring a 4x4 and driver for ten days in Kenya in June.
The places we want to see are:
Samburu (a must)
Lake Bogoria (if that's where the flamingos are)
Lake Navaisha and Crescent Island
Is that a bit ambitious for ten days, if so what can anyone suggest?
We also need suggestions for budget accommodation, especially in Samburu, lodges or tented camps preferably, and with beds because my old dad's back won't stand up to regular camping.
After the safari, we'll be in Mombasa for a few days on business, but we'd like to make a short visit, a couple of days to Tsavo East, can anyone recommend an operator who could help us with that?
Does the Nairobi to Mombasa train still run? If so when?
Mattie and his dad
Me and My Old Dad in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 2 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 3 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 4 Dubai first time
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Zambia Impressions
- 8 Taste of Dubai
- 9 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 10 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 11 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 14 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 15 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 16 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 17 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 18 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 19 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 20 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 21 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 22 Dubai and/or Oman
- 23 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 24 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 25 Morocco Advice