My old dad and I are hiring a 4x4 and driver for ten days in Kenya in June.
The places we want to see are:
Samburu (a must)
Lake Bogoria (if that's where the flamingos are)
Lake Navaisha and Crescent Island
Is that a bit ambitious for ten days, if so what can anyone suggest?
We also need suggestions for budget accommodation, especially in Samburu, lodges or tented camps preferably, and with beds because my old dad's back won't stand up to regular camping.
After the safari, we'll be in Mombasa for a few days on business, but we'd like to make a short visit, a couple of days to Tsavo East, can anyone recommend an operator who could help us with that?
Does the Nairobi to Mombasa train still run? If so when?
Mattie and his dad
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 2 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 3 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 4 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 5 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 6 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 9 Dubai Guide
- 10 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 11 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 12 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 13 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 14 Loldia House Kenya
- 15 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 16 Alexandria
- 17 kicheche compared to porini
- 18 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 19 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 20 Chefchaouen Report
- 21 Tracking Gorillas
- 22 Garden Route itinerary
- 23 A South African in Lusaka
- 24 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 25 Familiarization Trip in Tanzania