My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon for December and are weighing Mauritius vs. the Seychelles. We will not be doing any deep-sea diving, but do plan on spending a lot of time relaxing/swimming on the beaches. Which place has better beaches for swimming? Also, we are both into hiking and want a place with some scenic and challenging trails. Mauritius looks to be a bit more mountainous than the Seychelles, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's been hiking in either place to see what it's really like.
Another question I had was whether either place has any decent budget accommodations. All the hotels seem so expensive. Since we are fairly active and plan to spend most of our time outside of our hotel, it would seem like a waste to spend so much money. What I'd really like would be a clean and comfortable cottage or guest house where we could make some of our own meals, at something like 150 - 200 US dollars per night. Does either place have accommodations like this?
Thank you everyone!
Mauritius vs. Seychelles for Swimming/Hiking?
- 1 17 days in Israel our way
- 2 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 3 What about money?
- 4 Renting a car in Israel
- 5 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 6 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 7 10 days in south Africa
- 8 Looking for a Petra day tour from Aqaba and driving to Aqaba?
- 9 Who delivers the best one day tours?
- 10 a week in africa
- 11 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 12 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 13 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 14 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 15 Accra airport
- 16 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 17 morocco
- 18 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 19 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 20 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 21 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 22 Trip extension from Cape town
- 23 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 24 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 25 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?