My fiance and I are planning a trip to Mauritius. In the process of researching hotels, I found this line on the hotels.com entry for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa:
"Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage."
On its entry on Bookit.com:
"Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel."
I have heard about such laws in the middle east, and that they are routinely ignored in Dubai for example, but I can't find anything about whether such a law exists in Mauritius or if it is something specific to this hotel.
Does anyone have any insight?
Mauritius: Unmarried couple sharing a room?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel and Petra
- 2 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 3 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 4 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 5 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 6 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 7 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 8 Morocco for 2 nights
- 9 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 10 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 11 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 12 Tanzania Safari
- 13 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 14 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 15 Magnificant Morocco
- 16 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 17 Hotels in Nairobi
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 20 Memory cards for camera
- 21 World Travel Expert
- 22 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 23 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 24 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 25 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?