My fiance and I are planning a trip to Mauritius. In the process of researching hotels, I found this line on the hotels.com entry for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa:
"Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage."
On its entry on Bookit.com:
"Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel."
I have heard about such laws in the middle east, and that they are routinely ignored in Dubai for example, but I can't find anything about whether such a law exists in Mauritius or if it is something specific to this hotel.
Does anyone have any insight?
Mauritius: Unmarried couple sharing a room?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Car Rentals in Israel
- 4 Morocco to portugal
- 5 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 6 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 7 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 8 Independence Day in Israel
- 9 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 10 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 11 Drinking on safari
- 12 Travelust
- 13 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 14 Shots for Morocco
- 15 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 16 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 17 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 20 Thinking about The Gambia
- 21 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 22 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 23 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 24 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 25 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”