My fiance and I are planning a trip to Mauritius. In the process of researching hotels, I found this line on the hotels.com entry for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa:
"Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage."
On its entry on Bookit.com:
"Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel."
I have heard about such laws in the middle east, and that they are routinely ignored in Dubai for example, but I can't find anything about whether such a law exists in Mauritius or if it is something specific to this hotel.
Does anyone have any insight?
Mauritius: Unmarried couple sharing a room?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 2 how can I go to Iran ?
- 3 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 4 Help with itinerary
- 5 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 6 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 7 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 8 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 9 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 10 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 11 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 12 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 13 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 14 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 15 what kind of phone
- 16 Small group tours in israel
- 17 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 18 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 19 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 20 Iran Info, Please
- 21 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 22 Safari on a budget!
- 23 fez accommodation
- 24 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 25 Egypt safe travel