My fiance and I are planning a trip to Mauritius. In the process of researching hotels, I found this line on the hotels.com entry for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa:
"Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage."
On its entry on Bookit.com:
"Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel."
I have heard about such laws in the middle east, and that they are routinely ignored in Dubai for example, but I can't find anything about whether such a law exists in Mauritius or if it is something specific to this hotel.
Does anyone have any insight?
Mauritius: Unmarried couple sharing a room?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 3 Morocco for 2 nights
- 4 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 5 MOROCCO SOLO
- 6 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 7 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 8 Looking for out of the way places
- 9 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 10 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 11 Tanzania Safari
- 12 Sabi Sands camps
- 13 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 14 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 15 trip report, morocco
- 16 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 17 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation