My fiance and I are planning a trip to Mauritius. In the process of researching hotels, I found this line on the hotels.com entry for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa:
"Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage."
On its entry on Bookit.com:
"Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel."
I have heard about such laws in the middle east, and that they are routinely ignored in Dubai for example, but I can't find anything about whether such a law exists in Mauritius or if it is something specific to this hotel.
Does anyone have any insight?
Mauritius: Unmarried couple sharing a room?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai first time
- 2 Burj Khalifa tickets
- 3 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 4 What is the must do bucketlist on everyone for Kenya in 2015?How safe?
- 5 3-week tour at Egypt
- 6 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 7 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 8 Good reads
- 9 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 10 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 Morocco Advice
- 13 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 14 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 15 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 16 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 17 Beirut
- 18 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 19 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 20 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 21 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 22 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 23 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 24 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 25 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015