My fiance and I are planning a trip to Mauritius. In the process of researching hotels, I found this line on the hotels.com entry for Pearle Beach Resort & Spa:
"Couples wishing to share a room must provide proof of marriage."
On its entry on Bookit.com:
"Local laws may restrict unmarried guests from sharing rooms. Guests are responsible for providing proof of marriage, if requested by the hotel."
I have heard about such laws in the middle east, and that they are routinely ignored in Dubai for example, but I can't find anything about whether such a law exists in Mauritius or if it is something specific to this hotel.
Does anyone have any insight?
Mauritius: Unmarried couple sharing a room?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 2 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 3 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 4 Safari buddies - late August
- 5 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 6 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 7 Kruger
- 8 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 9 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 10 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 11 Morocco Trip Report
- 12 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 13 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 14 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 15 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 16 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 17 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 18 Wild Dog Pups and Brown Hyenas: A Volunteer Adventure in South Africa
- 19 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 20 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 23 Car Rentals in Israel
- 24 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 25 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA