My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dining during Shauvot
- 2 South Africa-vaccinations/visas?
- 3 Suggestions Apprciated
- 4 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 5 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 6 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 7 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 8 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 9 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 10 help with itinerary please
- 11 South African tour operators
- 12 First time safari question
- 13 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 14 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 15 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 16 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 17 Swala Safaris
- 18 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 19 Dubai
- 20 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 21 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 22 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 23 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 24 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 25 Etosha help