My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Israel Transportation
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 4 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 7 IRAN
- 8 First trip to Africa
- 9 Money in Uganda
- 10 Uganda Visa
- 11 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 12 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 Egypt - Need Help!
- 15 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 20 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 21 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 22 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 23 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 24 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 25 "Salute Africa" travel agency