My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Tanzania and are trying to decide between two hotels in Zanzibar: the Zanzibar Retreat in Matemwe vs. Pongwe Beach Hotel in Pongwe. We will be staying for 6 nights and coming from a safari. Does anyone have experience with both of these hotels? Or both of these places? Pongwe looks more private/secluded, with a better beach, but more rustic rooms and may feel too isolated? At Zanzibar Retreat, we've been told that only the regular rooms are available, so the downside there is that we aren't directly "on" the beach...rooms look nicer than Pongwe, but seems like we would have less privacy.
Any comments or suggestions on these two hotels or these two locations in general?
Matemwe vs. Pongwe in Zanzibar
- 1 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 2 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 3 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 5 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 6 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 7 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 8 Africa Safari
- 9 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 10 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 11 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 12 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 13 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 14 Morocco - private tour operators
- 15 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 16 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 17 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 18 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 19 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 20 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 21 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 22 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 23 Kruger Park trip
- 24 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 25 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi