Any opinions? I've visited Marrakech a few years ago (was in Granda this past fall) and am very interested in going back to Morocco however Beirut and Damascus seem very unfamiliar and alluring. Damascus is said to be the oldest city in the world. Beirut was (possibly still is?) the Paris of the East - and I hear the food in Lebanon is amazing. Beirut and Damascus for me is so far off the map which makes it attractive while Morocco is a bit more familiar and is an incredible country. Help!
Marrakech & Fez or Beirut & Damascus in the spring
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 2 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 3 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 4 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 5 Tipping
- 6 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 7 Quick question about Kenya..
- 8 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 9 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 12 What camera to use on safari
- 13 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 14 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 15 India
- 16 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 17 Ideas about the trip.
- 18 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 21 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 22 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 23 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 24 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 25 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh