Any opinions? I've visited Marrakech a few years ago (was in Granda this past fall) and am very interested in going back to Morocco however Beirut and Damascus seem very unfamiliar and alluring. Damascus is said to be the oldest city in the world. Beirut was (possibly still is?) the Paris of the East - and I hear the food in Lebanon is amazing. Beirut and Damascus for me is so far off the map which makes it attractive while Morocco is a bit more familiar and is an incredible country. Help!
Marrakech & Fez or Beirut & Damascus in the spring
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morrocco and Cash
- 2 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 3 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 4 South Africa trip advices
- 5 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 6 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 7 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 8 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 9 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 10 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 11 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 14 First time in Africa on safari
- 15 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 16 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 17 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 18 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 19 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 20 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 21 Namibia - Camping Tour
- 22 Dubai Airport: is it safe for a woman traveling alone?
- 23 Two weeks in Qatar, how much money to budget?
- 24 Transport Available from Harare to Victoria Falls - 17 Aug 2014
- 25 Tanzania Safari - The Good, The Bad, The Unexpected and The Amazing!!