Margaret Morse Tours 2012?..... Think Again
Perhaps at one time this was the tour to go. This is no longer the
case. Although our tour guide was excellent, not all tour guides were equal.
Specifically, a tour guide named David repeatedly left people on his bus standing in
blistering heat with no seating to deliver his history speeches. He
was arrogant and calculated . If you decide on this tour, ask for Allan or Bruce.
All Margaret Morse tour buses are cramped. I'm 5'2 and had little leg room.
The tour seats didn't have a pocket to hold bottled water or purchases made. In order to store
items you would need to share what little seating space you do have with the rest of your items.
Now comes the hotel and food portion of the magnificent Morse tours. Besides having
cattle buffet lines for 2 1/2 weeks the special dining events were nothing short of amazing.
Dining with Druid Arabs that grabbed food off buffet tables with their
hands left me wondering why reservations were made at this kibbutz motel/hotel. When I complained to Robyn Morse
regarding people taking food off the buffet with their hands, Robyn responded with surely I must have eaten at a
buffet where people did that before!...... HUH?
I, somehow for the most part, had decent rooms, but beware! Margaret Morse does not provide all travelers
with equal rooms. Some travelers were put up in the old tower at the kibbutz with dirty, torn bedding and facilities
that did not work. Refunds are being requested.
In one of the rooms I shared with another female the bathroom was so small, that we felt it necessary
to complain for a larger bathroom to Wendy Morse.
Wendy's response was, that we should not use the bathroom at the same time. Second HUH????
Eventually we were given a suite when we reminded Wendy we are from the Fort Lauderdale area where Margaret Morse operates her
bookings from. We were just told not to tell anyone, when in fact other people did receive suites for reasons unknown.
Another magnificent dining experience was at an all you can eat menu
for $10.00. That meal mostly had diners begging for food. Why would this place be recommended?
There were 2 dining out experiences that were paid for by Margaret Morse Tours.
All were falafel and greasy kabobs, The last and least "special dining event" that was touted in Margaret Morses itinerary
was held in a little ghetto Mediterranean restaurant in Tel Aviv our last night there. This special event was quite a hilly hike for seniors.
The buses could not get down the narrow hilly streets so we were told to get off the bus walk to the restaurant on a dark graffiti ridden street.
The owner of that restaurant was out and out nasty ordering people where to sit.
I would like to end my review with a kudos for my bus driver Akiv, who landed
us safely to every event, my tour guide Allan who did a great job guiding, and the
planning and visiting of the major important events and historical sites to see in Israel.
I just don't know if you would be better off spending the same $$$ elsewhere.
This tour group was mediocre at best.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.southafricasupplements.co.za/ultavive-garcinia/
- 2 Avoid retaining it below direct daylight and at wet vicinity
- 3 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 4 Audley Travel
- 5 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 6 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 7 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 8 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 9 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 10 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 11 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 12 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 13 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 14 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 15 Safari in South Africa
- 16 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 17 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 18 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 19 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 20 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 21 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 22 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 23 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 24 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 25 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
Margaret Morse Tours 2012?..... Think Again