I am researching safari options for Tanzania in early March 2014 time frame. I want to go for about 2 weeks. I would like to see the major Northern parks: Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. A tour operator offered a preliminary suggestion that I stay 4-5 nights in Karatu Village as it is easy to visit the first three park from there. And, then not too far of a drive to the Ndutu region where it is possible the migration may be that time of year. Most of the tours I see overnight in each of the areas. I would be interested in any first hand experience or comments/feedback from others who have traveled in this area about this approach.
March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 2 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 3 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 4 Road To Morocco Tours
- 5 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 8 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 9 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 10 HIV and AIDs
- 11 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 12 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 13 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 14 Rwanda
- 15 Egypt safe travel
- 16 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 17 Zambia Impressions
- 18 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 19 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 20 Dubai trip
- 21 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 22 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 23 Honeymoon itinerary Spain&Morocco
- 24 Driving around Jordan
- 25 Join us on Sahara/Atlas trip from Marrakech, 20 Jan