I am researching safari options for Tanzania in early March 2014 time frame. I want to go for about 2 weeks. I would like to see the major Northern parks: Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. A tour operator offered a preliminary suggestion that I stay 4-5 nights in Karatu Village as it is easy to visit the first three park from there. And, then not too far of a drive to the Ndutu region where it is possible the migration may be that time of year. Most of the tours I see overnight in each of the areas. I would be interested in any first hand experience or comments/feedback from others who have traveled in this area about this approach.
March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 5 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 6 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 7 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 8 Homestay Accomodation
- 9 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 10 Selous game reserve
- 11 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 12 Safari and Beach in June
- 13 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 14 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 15 Group Trip to Israel
- 16 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 17 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 18 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 19 what is the problem with the Germans in Egypt
- 20 security in Hurghada , Egypt
- 21 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 22 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 23 Exciting places in Dubai??
- 24 Tanzania Itinerary Feedback?
- 25 March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village