I am researching safari options for Tanzania in early March 2014 time frame. I want to go for about 2 weeks. I would like to see the major Northern parks: Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. A tour operator offered a preliminary suggestion that I stay 4-5 nights in Karatu Village as it is easy to visit the first three park from there. And, then not too far of a drive to the Ndutu region where it is possible the migration may be that time of year. Most of the tours I see overnight in each of the areas. I would be interested in any first hand experience or comments/feedback from others who have traveled in this area about this approach.
March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 4 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 5 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 6 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 9 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 10 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 11 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 12 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 13 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 14 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 15 Uganda Travel Planning
- 16 Israel and Jordan
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back