I am researching safari options for Tanzania in early March 2014 time frame. I want to go for about 2 weeks. I would like to see the major Northern parks: Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti. A tour operator offered a preliminary suggestion that I stay 4-5 nights in Karatu Village as it is easy to visit the first three park from there. And, then not too far of a drive to the Ndutu region where it is possible the migration may be that time of year. Most of the tours I see overnight in each of the areas. I would be interested in any first hand experience or comments/feedback from others who have traveled in this area about this approach.
March 2014 Tanzania Safari - base out of Karatu Village
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 UAE Desert Safari
- 2 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 3 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 4 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 7 South Africa in February?
- 8 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 9 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 10 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 11 Dubai first time
- 12 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 13 Zambia Impressions
- 14 Taste of Dubai
- 15 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 16 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 17 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 18 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 19 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 20 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 21 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 22 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 23 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?