Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 4 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 5 Morroco Travel Guide
- 6 India
- 7 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 8 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 9 Ideas about the trip.
- 10 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 11 3 days in Teheran
- 12 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 13 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 14 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 15 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 16 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 17 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 18 What camera to use on safari
- 19 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 20 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 21 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 22 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 23 To go to Israel or not?
- 24 Bidair at JNB
- 25 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!