Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report, morocco
- 2 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 Morocco for 2 nights
- 7 Memory cards for camera
- 8 Help with Rwanda trip
- 9 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 10 Sabi Sands camps
- 11 Hotels in Nairobi
- 12 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 13 Rwanda trip report
- 14 Tel Aviv beaches
- 15 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 16 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 17 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 18 israel and petra
- 19 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 20 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 21 Israel and Petra
- 22 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 23 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 24 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 25 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!