Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
- 1 Different variations of decals
- 2 Morocco - private tour operators
- 3 Central v. Northern Serengeti
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 Tanzania in 2014
- 6 When is the best time to visit Israel?
- 7 Currency Exchange in Morocco
- 8 Cairo Downtown or Giza Area?
- 9 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 10 How to find if safari company is legit ?
- 11 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 12 Tangier - A four day city break
- 13 Advice on Porinin camps?
- 14 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 15 Best Budget Tour Operator
- 16 Is now a good time to visit Yemen
- 17 How to choose tour group for Egypt
- 18 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 19 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 20 phone service
- 21 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 22 16 Days in Uganda - mountain gorillas and so much more!
- 23 Mosquito repellants whicwork best !!
- 24 Living in Morocco.
- 25 Our best trip ever - in Morocco