Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 3 Green Season Safari Questions
- 4 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 5 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 10 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 11 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 12 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 13 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 14 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 15 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 16 Uganda Travel Planning
- 17 Israel and Jordan
- 18 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 19 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 22 Northern Circuit tour company
- 23 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 24 Oman Trip Report
- 25 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion