Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Good reads
- 2 South Africa in February?
- 3 Morocco Advice
- 4 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 5 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 6 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 7 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 8 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 9 3-week tour at Egypt
- 10 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 11 Beirut
- 12 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 13 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 14 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 15 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 16 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 17 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 18 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 19 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 20 I'm going on safari for free!
- 21 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 22 Dubai first time
- 23 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 24 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 25 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season