Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour