Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 2 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 3 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 4 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 5 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 6 Clothes in Uganda
- 7 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 8 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 Homestay Accomodation
- 13 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 14 Selous game reserve
- 15 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 18 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 19 Group Trip to Israel
- 20 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 21 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 22 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 23 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 24 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 25 Exciting places in Dubai??