Hi all, I'm planning a trip in early March to Egypt for about nine days. With the staggered elections taking place through that time period around Egypt, was wondering what thoughts were on safety and security for Westerners traveling in the area. I've noticed several of you have been there recently. For the most part I'm seeing positive reports, though government (US and British) Web sites seem to be in a bit of a tizzy about the protesters and the elections. I'll be staying with a friend and her brother who's been living just outside Cairo for over a year now, and most likely using a trusted driver to get around. Any thoughts, positive or negative? Concerns? I don't plan on loitering around Tahrir Square...Thanks!!
March 2012 Trip to Egypt - Safety
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 2 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 3 Drinking on safari
- 4 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 5 Shots for Morocco
- 6 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 7 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 8 Travelust
- 9 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 10 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 South Africa in February?
- 13 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 14 Thinking about The Gambia
- 15 Independence Day in Israel
- 16 Private Guide in Israel - Cost question
- 17 correct date of last post: free ebook available Sunday Dec 11
- 18 Dubai Sand Dune dinner
- 19 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 20 “Extensive tour around Egypt in 36 Days”
- 21 Help in finding Israel tour guide Moshe Nov
- 22 Best Time to View Big Game in South Africa
- 23 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 24 Kenya safari tour/cost
- 25 Uganda or Rwanda 2015