My husband will be working at a hospital in the Mangochi district during the months of February and March. We plan to spend 6-8 weeks there with our three kiddos, 7, 4 and 1. I would love any information from those who have traveled or lived in the area. We hope to have two weeks to travel, the rest of the time will be spent working. Any recommendations on beautiful, budget-friendly (my husband is a medical student) travel locations would be appreciated! And any day-to-day expectations would be helpful (e.g. do I bring carseats for my kiddos?). We are very excited!
Malawi with kiddos
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 11 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 India
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Ideas about the trip.
- 16 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 21 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 22 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 23 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 24 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 25 Botswana vs Namibia in May