My husband will be working at a hospital in the Mangochi district during the months of February and March. We plan to spend 6-8 weeks there with our three kiddos, 7, 4 and 1. I would love any information from those who have traveled or lived in the area. We hope to have two weeks to travel, the rest of the time will be spent working. Any recommendations on beautiful, budget-friendly (my husband is a medical student) travel locations would be appreciated! And any day-to-day expectations would be helpful (e.g. do I bring carseats for my kiddos?). We are very excited!
Malawi with kiddos
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 2 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 3 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 4 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 5 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 6 Which Southern Africa Itinerary
- 7 Lake Ngami (Bots) - anybody been there lately?
- 8 Namibia road conditions
- 9 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 10 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 11 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 12 Questions about Chobe
- 13 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 14 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 15 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 16 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 17 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 18 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 19 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 20 Ebola and Morocco
- 21 Thompson Gazelle
- 22 Overland in West Africa
- 23 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 24 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 25 Morrocco and Cash