We are planning a trip to Madagascar for next summer and need some help from the experts on Fodors.
We will be going for two weeks as part of a southern africa trip during the month of August. What will the weather be like then?
We are mostly interested in seeing wildlife. Everyone seems to include berenty and perinet so we will likely do those. How many days do we need at each?
We are also interested in going to Nosy Mangabe for the Aye Ayes and Panther Chameleons. Where else would all of you recommend for a variety of chameleon and lemur viewing? Which resorts/hotels do you recommend in each place for the best wildlife viewing? We do not need luxury accommodation, but want to to be comfortable. We would also prefer areas where the wildlife is habituated to people for better photos and viewings.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Madagascar Trip--Summer 09--in need of advice
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Remote Rivers Tours-Madagascar
- 2 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 3 Morocco in April 2014
- 4 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 5 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 6 Hotels in Nairobi
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 Uganda Travel Planning
- 9 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 10 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 11 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 12 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 13 Green Season Safari Questions
- 14 Novice Safari question
- 15 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 16 Quick question about Kenya..
- 17 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 18 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 19 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 20 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 21 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 22 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 23 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 24 Israel and Jordan
- 25 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?