We are planning a trip to Madagascar for next summer and need some help from the experts on Fodors.
We will be going for two weeks as part of a southern africa trip during the month of August. What will the weather be like then?
We are mostly interested in seeing wildlife. Everyone seems to include berenty and perinet so we will likely do those. How many days do we need at each?
We are also interested in going to Nosy Mangabe for the Aye Ayes and Panther Chameleons. Where else would all of you recommend for a variety of chameleon and lemur viewing? Which resorts/hotels do you recommend in each place for the best wildlife viewing? We do not need luxury accommodation, but want to to be comfortable. We would also prefer areas where the wildlife is habituated to people for better photos and viewings.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Madagascar Trip--Summer 09--in need of advice
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari on a budget!
- 2 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 3 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 4 Is this too ambitious for a trip to Africa?
- 5 short report: the wonderful gambia
- 6 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 7 Tour Operator/Vendor for safari planning suggestions?
- 8 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 9 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 10 Things to see in Dubai
- 11 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 12 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 13 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 14 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 15 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 16 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 17 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 18 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 19 Tips for Israel
- 20 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 21 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 22 Road To Morocco Tours
- 23 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 24 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 25 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV