We are planning a trip to Madagascar for next summer and need some help from the experts on Fodors.
We will be going for two weeks as part of a southern africa trip during the month of August. What will the weather be like then?
We are mostly interested in seeing wildlife. Everyone seems to include berenty and perinet so we will likely do those. How many days do we need at each?
We are also interested in going to Nosy Mangabe for the Aye Ayes and Panther Chameleons. Where else would all of you recommend for a variety of chameleon and lemur viewing? Which resorts/hotels do you recommend in each place for the best wildlife viewing? We do not need luxury accommodation, but want to to be comfortable. We would also prefer areas where the wildlife is habituated to people for better photos and viewings.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 2 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 3 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 4 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 5 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 6 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 7 Self drive tour south africa
- 8 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together