Leave Tonga at 18.30h AT THE LATEST! INSIST on it! Let them get you a taxi IF they are going to schedule the departure for 20.00hrs as they did when we were there. When we arrived at the falls the rainbow was GONE! We could just watch great pictures a guy took 1 hour before we arrived!
So better leave early and pay 10US$ for that early taxi ride and use their return car instead of missing it!
Don't listen to them IF they tell you 20.00 or even 19.30h will be sufficient. It's BS!
They even left behind a dutch couple which also planned the trip around the rainbow simply the car was FULL.
So better be aware of all what COULD happen!
It interfered with their dinner time and therefore we left much toooooo late.
You have planned the safari around that Lunar Rainbow and it would be more than just a pity IF you miss it!
Your safari sounds great but only 2 nights/camp would be too little for me.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Morocco Trip Report
- 3 Israel Transportation
- 4 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 5 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 6 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 7 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 8 Morocco help
- 9 First trip to Africa
- 10 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 11 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 12 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 13 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 14 IRAN
- 15 Money in Uganda
- 16 Uganda Visa
- 17 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 18 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 19 Private Guide for Cairo
- 20 Egypt - Need Help!
- 21 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 22 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 23 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 24 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 25 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park