Leave Tonga at 18.30h AT THE LATEST! INSIST on it! Let them get you a taxi IF they are going to schedule the departure for 20.00hrs as they did when we were there. When we arrived at the falls the rainbow was GONE! We could just watch great pictures a guy took 1 hour before we arrived!
So better leave early and pay 10US$ for that early taxi ride and use their return car instead of missing it!
Don't listen to them IF they tell you 20.00 or even 19.30h will be sufficient. It's BS!
They even left behind a dutch couple which also planned the trip around the rainbow simply the car was FULL.
So better be aware of all what COULD happen!
It interfered with their dinner time and therefore we left much toooooo late.
You have planned the safari around that Lunar Rainbow and it would be more than just a pity IF you miss it!
Your safari sounds great but only 2 nights/camp would be too little for me.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Masai Mara in May
- 2 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 3 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 4 What is worth seeing in November?
- 5 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 6 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 7 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 8 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 9 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 10 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 11 Trip to Merzouga
- 12 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 13 Uganda Visa
- 14 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 15 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 16 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 17 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 18 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 19 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 20 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 21 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 22 Amazing Kenya - a must visit
- 23 beach visit after safari
- 24 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 25 Cape Town -safety