I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai
- 2 help with itinerary please
- 3 South African tour operators
- 4 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 5 First time safari question
- 6 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 7 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 8 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 9 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 10 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 11 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 12 Swala Safaris
- 13 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 14 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 15 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 16 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 17 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 18 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 19 Etosha help
- 20 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 private game reserve-kruger
- 23 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?
- 24 Dubai for 36 hours hotel recommendation
- 25 go2africa
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda