I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 2 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 3 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 4 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 7 Viator tour company
- 8 tours in Johannesburg
- 9 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 10 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 11 South African Cities
- 12 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 13 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 14 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 15 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 16 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 17 where to go in africa
- 18 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 19 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 20 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 21 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 22 Help with bags
- 23 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 24 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 25 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda