I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 2 casablanca airport taxis
- 3 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 4 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 5 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 6 Insect Repellent
- 7 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 8 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 9 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 10 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 11 Tiberias with kids
- 12 Lion World
- 13 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 14 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 15 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 16 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 17 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 18 Mpumalanga visit
- 19 safe areas to go on safari
- 20 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 21 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 22 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 23 Victoria Falls
- 24 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 25 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda