I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 2 Safari photography help
- 3 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 4 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 5 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 6 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 7 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 8 Tanzania trip Advice
- 9 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 10 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 11 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 12 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 13 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 14 el gouna or soma bay????
- 15 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 16 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 17 Israel itinerary
- 18 Malawi with kiddos
- 19 Porini Mara & Porini Lion in October 2016
- 20 Local Tanzania companies
- 21 Yellow fever medical waiver - Rwanda and Tanzania
- 22 Ethiopian Quadrants - Travelers Beware
- 23 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 24 Dubai Trip Idea
- 25 S.A. - is it possible to have a secluded safari?
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda