I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 2 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 8 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 9 Questions about Chobe
- 10 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 11 Dubai > Oman?
- 12 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 13 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 18 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 19 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 20 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 21 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 22 Awesome trip and still not done
- 23 South Africa
- 24 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 25 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience