I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco vs Turkey
- 2 Two Nights in Tangiers
- 3 Nairobi, where to stay
- 4 Widerness Lodges
- 5 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 6 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 7 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 8 Help plan African Safari
- 9 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 10 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 11 Tipping on Safari
- 12 Cape Town
- 13 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 14 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 15 Cape Town -safety
- 16 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 17 SA itin review
- 18 Botswana safari in late November
- 19 Ferry to Morocco
- 20 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 21 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 22 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 23 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 24 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 25 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda