I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Anyone Planning to Come Kenya?
- 2 HELP WITH TOURS FROM EILAT TO PETRA
- 3 Uganda Visa
- 4 Uganda Trip Report
- 5 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 6 First Sight at the Half the World-Iran
- 7 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 8 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 9 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 10 Trip to Petra
- 11 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 12 Cape Town -safety
- 13 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 14 Trip to Merzouga
- 15 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 16 Swaziland in January
- 17 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 18 good internet connection option Meknes
- 19 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 20 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 21 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 22 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 23 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 24 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 25 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda