I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Alexandria
- 4 Dubai in 36 hours
- 5 good internet connection option Meknes
- 6 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 7 South Africa trip report
- 8 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 9 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 12 Mombasa recomendations please
- 13 Private tours in Morocco
- 14 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 15 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 16 First time to Africa-need help!
- 17 How do I know if a company is legit
- 18 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 19 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 20 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 21 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 22 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 23 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 24 Ethiopian security
- 25 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda