I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 2 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 3 Tanzania Safari
- 4 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 5 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 6 14 day South Africa + Zimabawe with Gate 1 - Excellent Trip
- 7 Israel and Petra
- 8 Morocco for 2 nights
- 9 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 10 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 11 Magnificant Morocco
- 12 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 israel and petra
- 15 Itinerary needed for four days in Morocco
- 16 Memory cards for camera
- 17 World Travel Expert
- 18 maputo beach resorts -- safer this year?
- 19 Deep sea fishing -Seychelles
- 20 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 21 FABULOUS Safari Clothing - Might as well look FINE...
- 22 Eilat/Petra Itinerary advice and Where to stay in the Dead Sea Area?
- 23 Oman: an indipendent and memorable 4x4 trip
- 24 Namibia and Botswana trip report: an indipendent 4x4 safari
- 25 Uganda Trip Report May 2012