I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tel Aviv beaches
- 2 Memory cards for camera
- 3 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 trip report, morocco
- 6 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 7 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 8 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 9 Morocco for 2 nights
- 10 Help with Rwanda trip
- 11 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 12 Sabi Sands camps
- 13 Hotels in Nairobi
- 14 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 15 Rwanda trip report
- 16 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 17 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 18 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 19 israel and petra
- 20 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 21 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 22 Israel and Petra
- 23 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 24 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 25 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai