I'm planning a week-long trip with my mother to Uganda at the end of Feb - early March. I know this is last minute planning since we want to see the gorillas!
I lived in Kibale National Park 15 years ago while habituating chimps with the Jane Goodall Institute, and now live in Nairobi. So I'm familiar with East Africa and comfortable getting around on my own to a certain degree. But I don't have time to deal with gorilla permits and all of the little details.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced tour operator? I haven't been able to find any in my search so far. $2,200 for 5 nights in budget places…NO. These operators totally rip people off! And yes, I know the permits are expensive, but budget hotels are not.
Has anyone just hired a private driver and booked the hotels on their own? Or maybe just had a tour operator book the gorilla trekking and done the rest on their own?
I'm planning to visit Bwindi to see the gorillas, up through QE for a safari drive and canal tour, and then back to Kibale to see my beloved chimps. Ideally 7 nights.
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You
- 2 Insurance Coverage while in Egypt
- 3 Madagascar - your tips please
- 4 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 5 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 6 Best Economy Hotels In Bahrain
- 7 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 8 Touring Morocco alone for a few days? (fez & marrekech)
- 9 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 10 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 11 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 12 Road To Morocco Tours
- 13 Magnificant Morocco
- 14 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 15 Africa Film Festival
- 16 Is the migration early this year
- 17 Roar Africa reviews
- 18 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 19 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 20 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 21 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 22 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 23 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 24 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 25 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
Looking for private driver or reasonable tour operator in Uganda