We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 2 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 3 Egypt safe travel
- 4 Help with itinerary
- 5 how can I go to Iran ?
- 6 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 7 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 8 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 9 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 10 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 11 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 12 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 13 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 14 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 15 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 16 what kind of phone
- 17 Small group tours in israel
- 18 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 19 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 20 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 21 Iran Info, Please
- 22 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 23 Safari on a budget!
- 24 fez accommodation
- 25 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris