We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Clothes in Uganda
- 6 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 7 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 8 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 9 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 10 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 Homestay Accomodation
- 13 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 14 Selous game reserve
- 15 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 18 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 19 Group Trip to Israel
- 20 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 21 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 22 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 23 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 24 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 25 Exciting places in Dubai??