We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
View all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 2 Bugs n' Botswana
- 3 Safari Cost Comparison
- 4 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Group Trip to Israel
- 8 My Trip to Palestine
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 11 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 12 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 15 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 18 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 19 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 22 Homestay Accomodation
- 23 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 24 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 25 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia