We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 Green Season Safari Questions
- 3 Novice Safari question
- 4 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 5 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 6 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 7 Quick question about Kenya..
- 8 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 9 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 10 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 11 Morocco in April 2014
- 12 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 13 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 14 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 15 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 16 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 17 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 18 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 19 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 20 Uganda Travel Planning
- 21 Israel and Jordan
- 22 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 23 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 24 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 25 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner