We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco Advice
- 2 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 3 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 4 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 5 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 6 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 7 3-week tour at Egypt
- 8 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 9 Beirut
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 13 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 14 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 15 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 16 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 17 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 18 I'm going on safari for free!
- 19 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 20 Dubai first time
- 21 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 22 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 23 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 24 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 25 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions