We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech Tours:
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra