We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa in February?
- 2 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 3 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 4 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 5 MOROCCO CAMEL TREKKING
- 6 Buy links
- 7 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 8 Car Rentals in Israel
- 9 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 10 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 11 Morocco to portugal
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 14 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 15 Independence Day in Israel
- 16 Drinking on safari
- 17 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 18 Travelust
- 19 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 20 Shots for Morocco
- 21 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 22 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 23 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 24 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 25 Thinking about The Gambia