We are planning a trip to Kenya in 2013 to see the migration and are overwhelmed by the number of choices in accomodations. This will be our last trip to Africa so we are looking to splurge on something super nice for the duration of our stay. We've heard that July is the best time of year to see the migration in Kenya but would appreciate any suggestions/guidance offered by the Fodors Forum experts. Of utmost importance to us is the ability to go on game drives in open sided vehicles rather than the pop up roof type of jeeps. We're planning to stay for 10 days (excluding travel time) and would like to visit 2-3 camps during our stay in the area. As a point of reference, we had a fantastic experience in Botswana (Okavango Delta area) a couple of years ago and stayed at Mombo Camp, Vumbura Plains and Abu Camp. We're looking for similar accommodations in Kenya. Any suggestions????
Looking for luxury travel experience in Kenya
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 2 Morrocco and Cash
- 3 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 4 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 5 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 6 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 7 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 8 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 9 South Africa trip advices
- 10 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 13 Tour to Morocco
- 14 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 15 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 16 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 17 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 18 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 19 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 20 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 21 First time in Africa on safari
- 22 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals
- 23 Saruni Samburu & Tortilis Amboseli - An amazing experience
- 24 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety