My friend and I are planning to drive from London to Cape Town in early February 2010 (as early as possible). Early February is now set in stone as we are both leaving work for this trip. If you fancy some adventure then read on!
We are Mike and Christine. Mike has a 300 series Landrover Defender called Himba which has been built from scratch to a decent expedition spec. We are looking for 1-2 people to join us on this trip.
The trip should take around 6 months and take in:
Mike is a 28 year old male from London. I'm Christine, a 26 year old female from Dublin. We have both had enough of city life and want to fulfil a life long ambition! Mike has been lucky to have travelled quite extensively through Europe, the US, Canada, Central America and Australasia. I've travelled in Oman, Malaysia, Mongolia, Japan, the US and various places in Europe. Mike also spent January in Africa on an overland trip (Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and Zambia) which has helped with planning this trip. He is a qualified first aider and has a fair amount of expedition experience, which will hopefully come in useful!
We are looking for fun, well balanced individuals with a keen sense for adventure. Male or female, young or old makes no difference to us but previous travel experience would be very useful and we absolutely need to hear from you sooner rather than later as the final touches are now being put to this trip.
Every trip participant will be expected to contribute to the cost of the trip. We envisage this would be around £6,000 per person based on three coming, less if there are four of us for the 6 month trip. This will go purely towards the costs of the trip. We would also like to involve a charity in some way – either through sponsorship or actual hands on work out in Africa.
If you’d like to join us or just find out a bit more, please feel free to drop us a line on the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mike) or email@example.com (me). Mike is the expert, however!
Look forward to hearing from you!
Mike & Christine ^_^
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 2 FRS Ferry between Tarifa and Tangier
- 3 Pulse Africa???
- 4 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 5 Kruger
- 6 Car Rentals in Israel
- 7 Morocco to Tel Aviv --flights
- 8 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 9 Uganda Trip Report
- 10 Eastern Cape Safari?
- 11 itinerary any ideas?
- 12 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 13 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 14 Two Weeks in Capetown, want to add a safari
- 15 Anybody used Classic Africa to plan a safari?
- 16 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 17 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 18 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 19 Safari buddies - late August
- 20 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 21 Dennis's Trip Report: Caprivi Strip, Vic Falls and Hwange Park, Zimbabwe
- 22 Morocco Trip Report
- 23 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 24 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 25 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!