My friend and I are planning to drive from London to Cape Town in early February 2010 (as early as possible). Early February is now set in stone as we are both leaving work for this trip. If you fancy some adventure then read on!
We are Mike and Christine. Mike has a 300 series Landrover Defender called Himba which has been built from scratch to a decent expedition spec. We are looking for 1-2 people to join us on this trip.
The trip should take around 6 months and take in:
Mike is a 28 year old male from London. I'm Christine, a 26 year old female from Dublin. We have both had enough of city life and want to fulfil a life long ambition! Mike has been lucky to have travelled quite extensively through Europe, the US, Canada, Central America and Australasia. I've travelled in Oman, Malaysia, Mongolia, Japan, the US and various places in Europe. Mike also spent January in Africa on an overland trip (Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi and Zambia) which has helped with planning this trip. He is a qualified first aider and has a fair amount of expedition experience, which will hopefully come in useful!
We are looking for fun, well balanced individuals with a keen sense for adventure. Male or female, young or old makes no difference to us but previous travel experience would be very useful and we absolutely need to hear from you sooner rather than later as the final touches are now being put to this trip.
Every trip participant will be expected to contribute to the cost of the trip. We envisage this would be around £6,000 per person based on three coming, less if there are four of us for the 6 month trip. This will go purely towards the costs of the trip. We would also like to involve a charity in some way – either through sponsorship or actual hands on work out in Africa.
If you’d like to join us or just find out a bit more, please feel free to drop us a line on the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org (Mike) or email@example.com (me). Mike is the expert, however!
Look forward to hearing from you!
Mike & Christine ^_^
London to Cape Town Overland February 2010
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotels in Nairobi
- 2 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 3 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 4 Uganda Travel Planning
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 7 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 8 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 9 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 10 Green Season Safari Questions
- 11 Novice Safari question
- 12 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 13 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 14 Quick question about Kenya..
- 15 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 16 Morocco in April 2014
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant