We are planning a trip from Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia. We have two and a half weeks to get from Livingstone to Johannesburg and are thinking that traveling through Namibia would be the most fun. What’s the best way to get to the Skeleton Coast (we’re assuming that would be the best place to start) without flying? I’ve heard about Intercape and am not sure about it — it’s obviously not the local way of traveling but seems like the most convenient. Unfortunately, they do not leave Livingstone the day we want, and using them would add two extra days in Livingstone when we’ve already spent a couple days there. Intercape is only $83/person to go all the way to Swakopmund, so maybe it’s worth waiting two extra days. Is it worth spending one night in Windhoek, or should we continue on and spend more time on the coast? From there, we’d like to go down and spend some time in Cape Town (making some stops along the way), and again Intercape can take us there unless there’s another/better way. And from there we are going to take a bus to Johannesburg. Any suggestions? As you know, finding out any information online is really tough, and we really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 2 Good reads
- 3 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 4 South Africa in February?
- 5 Morocco Advice
- 6 Dubai and where else for one week?
- 7 Kenya Multi-Day Safari Trip Report
- 8 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 9 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 10 3-week tour at Egypt
- 11 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 12 Beirut
- 13 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 14 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 15 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 16 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 17 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 18 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 19 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 20 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 21 I'm going on safari for free!
- 22 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 23 Dubai first time
- 24 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 25 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti