We are planning a trip from Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia. We have two and a half weeks to get from Livingstone to Johannesburg and are thinking that traveling through Namibia would be the most fun. What’s the best way to get to the Skeleton Coast (we’re assuming that would be the best place to start) without flying? I’ve heard about Intercape and am not sure about it — it’s obviously not the local way of traveling but seems like the most convenient. Unfortunately, they do not leave Livingstone the day we want, and using them would add two extra days in Livingstone when we’ve already spent a couple days there. Intercape is only $83/person to go all the way to Swakopmund, so maybe it’s worth waiting two extra days. Is it worth spending one night in Windhoek, or should we continue on and spend more time on the coast? From there, we’d like to go down and spend some time in Cape Town (making some stops along the way), and again Intercape can take us there unless there’s another/better way. And from there we are going to take a bus to Johannesburg. Any suggestions? As you know, finding out any information online is really tough, and we really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Ideas about the trip.
- 2 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 3 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 4 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 5 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 6 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 7 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 8 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 9 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 10 Questions about Chobe
- 11 What camera to use on safari
- 12 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 13 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 14 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 15 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 16 To go to Israel or not?
- 17 Bidair at JNB
- 18 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 19 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 20 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 21 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 22 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 23 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 24 Dubai > Oman?
- 25 Dubai > Seychelles hop