We are planning a trip from Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia. We have two and a half weeks to get from Livingstone to Johannesburg and are thinking that traveling through Namibia would be the most fun. What’s the best way to get to the Skeleton Coast (we’re assuming that would be the best place to start) without flying? I’ve heard about Intercape and am not sure about it — it’s obviously not the local way of traveling but seems like the most convenient. Unfortunately, they do not leave Livingstone the day we want, and using them would add two extra days in Livingstone when we’ve already spent a couple days there. Intercape is only $83/person to go all the way to Swakopmund, so maybe it’s worth waiting two extra days. Is it worth spending one night in Windhoek, or should we continue on and spend more time on the coast? From there, we’d like to go down and spend some time in Cape Town (making some stops along the way), and again Intercape can take us there unless there’s another/better way. And from there we are going to take a bus to Johannesburg. Any suggestions? As you know, finding out any information online is really tough, and we really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 2 Uganda Trip Report
- 3 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 4 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 5 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 6 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 7 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 8 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 9 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 10 Boutique hotels in israel
- 11 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 12 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 13 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 14 Short layover at JNB
- 15 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 16 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 17 A family safari in Tanzania
- 18 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 19 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 20 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 21 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 22 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 23 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 24 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 25 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?