We are planning a trip from Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia. We have two and a half weeks to get from Livingstone to Johannesburg and are thinking that traveling through Namibia would be the most fun. What’s the best way to get to the Skeleton Coast (we’re assuming that would be the best place to start) without flying? I’ve heard about Intercape and am not sure about it — it’s obviously not the local way of traveling but seems like the most convenient. Unfortunately, they do not leave Livingstone the day we want, and using them would add two extra days in Livingstone when we’ve already spent a couple days there. Intercape is only $83/person to go all the way to Swakopmund, so maybe it’s worth waiting two extra days. Is it worth spending one night in Windhoek, or should we continue on and spend more time on the coast? From there, we’d like to go down and spend some time in Cape Town (making some stops along the way), and again Intercape can take us there unless there’s another/better way. And from there we are going to take a bus to Johannesburg. Any suggestions? As you know, finding out any information online is really tough, and we really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 2 nights
- 2 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 3 MOROCCO SOLO
- 4 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 5 Looking for out of the way places
- 6 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 7 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 8 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 9 Tanzania Safari
- 10 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation