We are planning a trip from Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia. We have two and a half weeks to get from Livingstone to Johannesburg and are thinking that traveling through Namibia would be the most fun. What’s the best way to get to the Skeleton Coast (we’re assuming that would be the best place to start) without flying? I’ve heard about Intercape and am not sure about it — it’s obviously not the local way of traveling but seems like the most convenient. Unfortunately, they do not leave Livingstone the day we want, and using them would add two extra days in Livingstone when we’ve already spent a couple days there. Intercape is only $83/person to go all the way to Swakopmund, so maybe it’s worth waiting two extra days. Is it worth spending one night in Windhoek, or should we continue on and spend more time on the coast? From there, we’d like to go down and spend some time in Cape Town (making some stops along the way), and again Intercape can take us there unless there’s another/better way. And from there we are going to take a bus to Johannesburg. Any suggestions? As you know, finding out any information online is really tough, and we really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 2 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 3 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 4 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 5 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls