We are planning a trip from Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia. We have two and a half weeks to get from Livingstone to Johannesburg and are thinking that traveling through Namibia would be the most fun. What’s the best way to get to the Skeleton Coast (we’re assuming that would be the best place to start) without flying? I’ve heard about Intercape and am not sure about it — it’s obviously not the local way of traveling but seems like the most convenient. Unfortunately, they do not leave Livingstone the day we want, and using them would add two extra days in Livingstone when we’ve already spent a couple days there. Intercape is only $83/person to go all the way to Swakopmund, so maybe it’s worth waiting two extra days. Is it worth spending one night in Windhoek, or should we continue on and spend more time on the coast? From there, we’d like to go down and spend some time in Cape Town (making some stops along the way), and again Intercape can take us there unless there’s another/better way. And from there we are going to take a bus to Johannesburg. Any suggestions? As you know, finding out any information online is really tough, and we really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Livingstone (Zambia) to Namibia
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What about money?
- 3 a week in africa
- 4 RSA: Tswalu vs Mashatu vs Phinda
- 5 South African tourist visa - applying again after rejection last time
- 6 Trip report Namibia 2011 - A dream in red and green
- 7 Trip report Namibia 2012 - Chilly desert and hot quiver trees
- 8 Accra airport
- 9 Yemen - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- 10 17 days in Israel our way
- 11 CapeTown and around......seeking restaurant advice
- 12 morocco
- 13 1st Time African Safari - Help!
- 14 Israel: excellent tour guide Gideon Abramowitz
- 15 Beyt Al Chai and places to stay in Zanzibar
- 16 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 17 Trip extension from Cape town
- 18 Volunteer Work In Africa
- 19 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 20 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 21 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 22 Lets talk cell phones & plans while in Tanzania
- 23 Visit visa for South Africa
- 24 Opinions on airlines BOS to NBO
- 25 Is now a good time to visit Yemen