Im going to take a budget backpack tour of Syria and Jordan in November and I'd really like to visit Lebanon as well. I've tried to search for some information about travelling there but there is little from the perspective of female solo travellers. Do you think it would be safe/easy to get around on my own? I had hoped to spend a few days in Beirut maybe Baalbek, Beiteddine and Byblos before crossing overland into Syria and up to Aleppo. . . . or you think I'm being madly naive?
Thanks for your help
Lebanon - okay for a solo female traveller?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yellow fever vaccination for trip to southern Africa
- 2 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 3 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 4 Uganda Trip Report
- 5 Epic budget trip in Kenya and Tanzania (safari and more)
- 6 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 7 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 8 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 9 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 10 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 11 Boutique hotels in israel
- 12 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 13 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 14 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 15 Short layover at JNB
- 16 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 17 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 18 A family safari in Tanzania
- 19 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 20 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 21 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 22 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 23 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 24 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 25 Any Experience with Africa Tours?