My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 2 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 3 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 4 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 5 Mpumalanga visit
- 6 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 7 safe areas to go on safari
- 8 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 9 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 10 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 11 Lion World
- 12 Victoria Falls
- 13 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 14 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 15 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 18 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 19 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 20 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 21 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 22 Kruger park
- 23 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay
- 24 Have itinerary -- need an agency
- 25 Malaria medications Africa