My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Lebanon for an American?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Green Season Safari Questions
- 5 Morocco in April 2014
- 6 Quick question about Kenya..
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report