My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 2 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 3 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 4 South African Cities
- 5 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 6 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 7 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 8 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 9 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 10 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 11 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 12 where to go in africa
- 13 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 14 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 15 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 16 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 17 Help with bags
- 18 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 19 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 20 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 21 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Israeli Tour Guides
- 24 Shopping in Morocco
- 25 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017