My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Lebanon for an American?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in April 2014
- 2 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 3 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 4 Hotels in Nairobi
- 5 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 6 Uganda Travel Planning
- 7 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 8 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 9 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 10 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 11 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 12 Green Season Safari Questions
- 13 Novice Safari question
- 14 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 15 Quick question about Kenya..
- 16 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 17 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 18 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 19 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 20 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 21 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 22 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 23 Israel and Jordan
- 24 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 25 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant