My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 2 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 3 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 4 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 5 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 6 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 7 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 8 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 9 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 10 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 11 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 12 Uganda Visa
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 15 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 16 Fes or Marrakech?
- 17 Transfer at JNB airport
- 18 Egypt - Need Help!
- 19 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 20 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 21 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 22 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 23 Adapter Plugs
- 24 NYE in Marrakech
- 25 Dead Sea