My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://vitalieskincaretry.com/derma-reflexion/
- 2 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 3 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 4 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 5 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 6 Mombasa recomendations please
- 7 Private tours in Morocco
- 8 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 9 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 10 First time to Africa-need help!
- 11 How do I know if a company is legit
- 12 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 13 South Africa trip report
- 14 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 15 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 16 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 17 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 18 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 19 Ethiopian security
- 20 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 21 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 22 morocco
- 23 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 24 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 25 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?