My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 2 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 4 honeymoon place
- 5 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 6 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 7 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 8 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 9 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 10 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 11 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 12 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 13 Yom Hazikaron
- 14 Yom Haatzmaut
- 15 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 16 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 17 recomendation on African Safari company
- 18 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 19 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 20 One extra day in Jordan
- 21 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 22 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 23 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 24 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 25 Israel in Late October or November?