My Swedish husband and I (I'm American in NY) would like to travel to Lebanon for a week in November of 2005. We've visited and enjoyed Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco (four different trips), but are a little anxious about Lebanon due to the murder of the former Prime Minister recently, and, of course, the Iraq war.
Can anyone offer a perspective of how safe it would be for a "mixed" couple(Swedish/American ) to travel independently (hire tour guides on our own) now? We landed in Jordan the day that the latest Palestinean Infitatada began in 2000, and I was exposed to a lot of anti-American vitriol (understandibly, I know), at least until I was able to difuse it with my own political views.
If anyone recommends the safety aspect, I would like to know of a good guide who could recommend travel agencies for day trip to the wonderful sites of Beirut.
Heather Linson and John Lindberg
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 NORTON Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 Security Remove Reedit
- 2 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 3 What is the best Internet Service Provider in Cairo, Egypt?
- 4 Safari Goers, I Need Your Expertise!
- 5 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 8 Itinerary Ideas
- 9 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 10 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 11 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 12 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 13 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 14 Kenya/Tanzania
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 2 nights in Dubai
- 17 16 hours in Qatar
- 18 Petra from Israel
- 19 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 20 A South African in Lusaka
- 21 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 22 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 23 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 24 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 25 Babies Galore: Kenya in April