I have read through many of your postings and have picked up many helpful tips! Many many thanks.
My children are 10, 13, &17, and we are all still pinching ourselves that this is really happening. My oldest will graduate next year and off to college so this is the last big family hurrah!
We leave @ 8pm out of Miami, arrive London in am; spend the day there and then leave around 7pm for so. africa. My concern is adjusting the younger 2 to the time change. I have read the assorted opinions for adult "sleep assistance", have any of you traveled with children?
THe other big issue is clothing; what exactly is the deal with khaki?? Is it a must for the game drive? What is the problem w/ jeans?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 2 Single traveler
- 3 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 4 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 5 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 6 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 7 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 8 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 9 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 10 Viator tour company
- 11 tours in Johannesburg
- 12 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 13 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 14 South African Cities
- 15 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 16 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 17 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 18 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 19 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 20 where to go in africa
- 21 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 22 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 23 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 24 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 25 Help with bags