I have read through many of your postings and have picked up many helpful tips! Many many thanks.
My children are 10, 13, &17, and we are all still pinching ourselves that this is really happening. My oldest will graduate next year and off to college so this is the last big family hurrah!
We leave @ 8pm out of Miami, arrive London in am; spend the day there and then leave around 7pm for so. africa. My concern is adjusting the younger 2 to the time change. I have read the assorted opinions for adult "sleep assistance", have any of you traveled with children?
THe other big issue is clothing; what exactly is the deal with khaki?? Is it a must for the game drive? What is the problem w/ jeans?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Leaving in 3 weeks w/ 3 kids for our first safari
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 2 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 3 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 4 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 5 To go to Israel or not?
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 8 Eastern Cape Lodges
- 9 Questions about Chobe
- 10 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 11 Dubai > Oman?
- 12 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 13 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 14 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 15 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 16 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 17 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 18 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 19 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 20 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 21 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 22 Awesome trip and still not done
- 23 South Africa
- 24 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 25 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience