I'm planning a safari next month in September (flexible with dates) for up to 12 days including travellng for 2 people. I know it's late to travel and organize, but I am very keen on going and have been procrastinating for years. I'm looking for a luxury safari, but is seems to be very difficult to find anything for less than 13,000 a person. I don't mind spending up to around 8,000 per person but 13K+ is too high for me. Any tips on how to proceed for a first time luxury safari? Also, I have heard that Kenya's parks are public and this results in them being very busy? So private parks would therefore be a better option for me if I prefer peace and quiet and am not overly excited about the possibility of seeing the great migration? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last minute safari planning
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overland in West Africa
- 2 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 5 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 6 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 7 Morrocco and Cash
- 8 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 9 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Tour to Morocco
- 17 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 18 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 19 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 20 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 24 First time in Africa on safari
- 25 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals