I'm planning a safari next month in September (flexible with dates) for up to 12 days including travellng for 2 people. I know it's late to travel and organize, but I am very keen on going and have been procrastinating for years. I'm looking for a luxury safari, but is seems to be very difficult to find anything for less than 13,000 a person. I don't mind spending up to around 8,000 per person but 13K+ is too high for me. Any tips on how to proceed for a first time luxury safari? Also, I have heard that Kenya's parks are public and this results in them being very busy? So private parks would therefore be a better option for me if I prefer peace and quiet and am not overly excited about the possibility of seeing the great migration? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last minute safari planning
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 elderly travel to Zanzibar from USA
- 2 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 3 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 4 Interested in joining me on Nov. 16-23 Liuwa Plain trip?
- 5 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 6 Questions about Chobe
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Zambia, A Scenic Arrival
- 9 Most affordable airfare to get to the Western Sabi lodges
- 10 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 11 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 12 Looking for child friendly self catering house in Cape Town in March 2015
- 13 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 14 Ebola and Morocco
- 15 Thompson Gazelle
- 16 Overland in West Africa
- 17 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 18 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 19 Morrocco and Cash
- 20 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 21 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 22 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 23 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 24 South Africa trip advices
- 25 Dubai transit with different connecting flights