I'm planning a safari next month in September (flexible with dates) for up to 12 days including travellng for 2 people. I know it's late to travel and organize, but I am very keen on going and have been procrastinating for years. I'm looking for a luxury safari, but is seems to be very difficult to find anything for less than 13,000 a person. I don't mind spending up to around 8,000 per person but 13K+ is too high for me. Any tips on how to proceed for a first time luxury safari? Also, I have heard that Kenya's parks are public and this results in them being very busy? So private parks would therefore be a better option for me if I prefer peace and quiet and am not overly excited about the possibility of seeing the great migration? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last minute safari planning
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 2 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 5 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 6 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 7 Morocco for 2 nights
- 8 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 9 MOROCCO SOLO
- 10 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 11 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 12 Looking for out of the way places
- 13 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 14 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 15 Tanzania Safari
- 16 Sabi Sands camps
- 17 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 18 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 19 trip report, morocco
- 20 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 21 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 22 East Africa summer 2014
- 23 Cape Town Safety?
- 24 first time family safari in August 2014
- 25 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...