I'm planning a safari next month in September (flexible with dates) for up to 12 days including travellng for 2 people. I know it's late to travel and organize, but I am very keen on going and have been procrastinating for years. I'm looking for a luxury safari, but is seems to be very difficult to find anything for less than 13,000 a person. I don't mind spending up to around 8,000 per person but 13K+ is too high for me. Any tips on how to proceed for a first time luxury safari? Also, I have heard that Kenya's parks are public and this results in them being very busy? So private parks would therefore be a better option for me if I prefer peace and quiet and am not overly excited about the possibility of seeing the great migration? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last minute safari planning
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 2 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 3 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 4 botswana, zimbabwe/zambia trip advice
- 5 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 6 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 7 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 9 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 10 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 11 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 12 Safari on a budget!
- 13 Tips for Israel
- 14 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 15 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 16 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 17 Road To Morocco Tours
- 18 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 19 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 20 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 21 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 22 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 23 Rwanda
- 24 Egypt safe travel
- 25 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?