I'm planning a safari next month in September (flexible with dates) for up to 12 days including travellng for 2 people. I know it's late to travel and organize, but I am very keen on going and have been procrastinating for years. I'm looking for a luxury safari, but is seems to be very difficult to find anything for less than 13,000 a person. I don't mind spending up to around 8,000 per person but 13K+ is too high for me. Any tips on how to proceed for a first time luxury safari? Also, I have heard that Kenya's parks are public and this results in them being very busy? So private parks would therefore be a better option for me if I prefer peace and quiet and am not overly excited about the possibility of seeing the great migration? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Last minute safari planning
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 2 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 3 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 4 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 5 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 6 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 7 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 8 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 11 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 12 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 13 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 14 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 15 Charity begins at Home!
- 16 Sun Safaris
- 17 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 18 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 19 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 20 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 21 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 22 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 23 Tour to Morocco
- 24 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 25 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?