I need some help. My wife and I piggyback last week on a good airline deal to Africa. We always planned to go this year but we couldn't figure out a good time.
Either way, we are going for 11 days in Late Aug/early Sep, which looks like is not enough but we'll have to hustle through it.
Our plan is to arrive in J'Burg and spend:
J'Burg (1 night)
V.Falls (2 nights)
Kruger (4 nights)
Capetown (5 nights)
my biggest question is regarding the J'Burg / Kruger area I have seen some people say is easier to just go with some tours others to drive (is it safe?). And then what are recommendations for lodges to stay since we are booking late I'm obviously scared we may get scraps. We have a medium size budget.
If you have any other advice, we will appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 2 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 3 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 4 Stonetown versus Shimba Hills
- 5 4h transit dubai visit center ?
- 6 transit facilities for 14 hours in Dubai Terminal 2
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Cairo International Airport
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 15 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 16 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 17 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 18 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 19 Dubai Guide
- 20 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 23 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 24 Loldia House Kenya
- 25 rekero and encounter mara vehicles