I need some help. My wife and I piggyback last week on a good airline deal to Africa. We always planned to go this year but we couldn't figure out a good time.
Either way, we are going for 11 days in Late Aug/early Sep, which looks like is not enough but we'll have to hustle through it.
Our plan is to arrive in J'Burg and spend:
J'Burg (1 night)
V.Falls (2 nights)
Kruger (4 nights)
Capetown (5 nights)
my biggest question is regarding the J'Burg / Kruger area I have seen some people say is easier to just go with some tours others to drive (is it safe?). And then what are recommendations for lodges to stay since we are booking late I'm obviously scared we may get scraps. We have a medium size budget.
If you have any other advice, we will appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 2 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 3 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 4 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 5 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 6 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 7 Alexandria
- 8 Dubai in 36 hours
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 13 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 Mombasa recomendations please
- 16 Private tours in Morocco
- 17 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 18 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 19 First time to Africa-need help!
- 20 How do I know if a company is legit
- 21 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 22 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 25 Jewish tour Casablanca