I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 each this sort of quintessential
- 2 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 3 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 4 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 5 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 6 Mpumalanga visit
- 7 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 8 safe areas to go on safari
- 9 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 10 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 11 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 12 Lion World
- 13 Victoria Falls
- 14 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 15 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 16 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 17 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 18 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 19 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 20 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 21 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 22 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 23 Kruger park
- 24 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay
- 25 Have itinerary -- need an agency