I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyorder.org/ombia-derma-reviews/
- 2 Cape Town -safety
- 3 Widerness Lodges
- 4 SA itin review
- 5 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 6 Botswana safari in late November
- 7 Tipping on Safari
- 8 Ferry to Morocco
- 9 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 10 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 11 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 12 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 13 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 14 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 15 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 16 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 17 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 18 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 19 Lodge Feedback
- 20 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 21 Driving in South Africa
- 22 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 23 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco
- 24 Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque tour times
- 25 Cape Town and Safari trip report