I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 dermis discipline however effectively
- 2 Logistics on staying in a riad in the medina
- 3 Route 1+90 allowed with rental car?
- 4 Fly or Train from CMN to Fes/Marrakesh
- 5 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 6 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 7 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 8 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 9 Viator tour company
- 10 tours in Johannesburg
- 11 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 12 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 13 South African Cities
- 14 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 15 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 16 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 17 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 18 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 19 where to go in africa
- 20 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 21 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 22 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 23 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 24 Help with bags
- 25 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK