I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Jeans All the Time
- 2 Shopping in Morocco
- 3 Clothing for October trip to Morocco
- 4 Morocco over Christmas
- 5 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 6 After Botswana ?
- 7 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 8 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 9 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 10 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 11 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 12 Timing for Africa visit
- 13 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 14 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 15 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 16 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 17 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 18 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 19 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 20 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 21 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 22 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 23 DOHA LAYOVER
- 24 Morocco Questions
- 25 Egypt Quickie Trip