I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 2 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 3 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 4 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 5 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 6 recomendation on African Safari company
- 7 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 8 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 9 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 10 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 11 One extra day in Jordan
- 12 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 13 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 14 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 15 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 16 Israel in Late October or November?
- 17 One month in Africa
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 20 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 21 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 22 Madagascar - Books
- 23 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 24 Madagascar Driver/Lodging Question - Palmarium and Vakona
- 25 Amman to Dana