I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Kruger to Panaramic Route to Zululand in 1 day
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - Palm Island
- 2 Egypt safe travel
- 3 Kenya/Tanzania Travel Buddies
- 4 Pilanesberg or Kruger? Please comment on my itinerary!
- 5 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 6 UAE Desert Safari
- 7 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 8 Where to go after visit to Uganda in late March/early April
- 9 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 10 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 11 South Africa in February?
- 12 best camera for semi-novice for safari in tanzania & kenya (nikon p500)
- 13 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 14 Riad Saturday Night vs. Riad Dar El Janoub
- 15 Dubai first time
- 16 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 17 Zambia Impressions
- 18 Taste of Dubai
- 19 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 20 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 21 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 22 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 23 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 24 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 25 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel