I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 삼성증권시세 대우증권시세 n1inve.com
- 2 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 3 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 4 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 5 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 6 Buying merchandise
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 9 Egypt January-February 2018
- 10 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 11 safari for the mobility impaired
- 12 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 13 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 16 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 17 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 18 Dining in Cape Town
- 19 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
- 20 Dubai plan
- 21 Best Layover from NY to Cape Town
- 22 Israel with kids in August
- 23 Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind
- 24 Iran in May
- 25 South Africa in June