I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Kruger to Panaramic Route to Zululand in 1 day
- 1 Safari and Beach in June
- 2 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 3 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 4 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 5 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 6 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 7 Help! First African safari!!!
- 8 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 9 Safari Cost Comparison
- 10 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 11 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 14 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 15 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 16 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 17 My trip to Egypt .....
- 18 dubai for 5 days
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 21 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 22 Bugs n' Botswana
- 23 Group Trip to Israel
- 24 My Trip to Palestine
- 25 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!