I am planning a 9 day trip to South Africa in August involving a 3 night safari in a private game lodge near Kruger and a 3 night safari in Mkuze Falls private game lodge (not the park). Mkuze Falls is a 2.5hr ride from Richard's Bay, so not super accessible. On the day of checkout from the lodge in Hoedspruit, I was hoping to rent a car to see Blyde River (assume half a day), and then transfer to Mkuze Falls, but I'm not seeing a lot of direct options to travel from the Nelspruit area to Zululand.
Seems like most itineraries, both flying and driving, involve going back through Jberg, in which case it might be a little ambitious to see the Canyon and do the transfer in one day. I'm open to private charter but I don't have a sense of the expense (Mkuze has its own airstrip). I would appreciate any advice on the best way to do this (or if it's impossible). Thanks in advance for the help.
Kruger to Panaramic Route to Zululand in 1 day
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 2 I'm going on safari for free!
- 3 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 4 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 5 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 6 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 7 Dubai first time
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 10 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 11 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 12 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 13 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 14 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 15 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 16 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 17 16 day mixed trip
- 18 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 19 Canadian Insurance
- 20 Evacuation Insurance
- 21 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 22 Bespoke East Africa Kenya and Tanzania Safari
- 23 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 24 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 25 Dubai Safari Tour