Our group has 9 days to do a driving loop in early August starting and ending in Johannesburg. Currently, we are planning to start out with 5 nights in Kruger and then drive down to Kwazulu Natal to do a day of diving in Sodwana Bay. I have two questions that hopefully someone could help with:
1. What is the most economical car rental company in Joburg? My understanding is we do not need a 4x4 for Kruger, so I imagine any car will do. Should we go with one of the big companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz, etc.), or are there other options we should consider?
2. With the current itinerary, we have 4 days to kill and slowly make our way back to Joburg from Sodwana. Any ideas or recommendations for ways to spend the time? Are there any hikes in the Drakensberg mountains we could look into? We're generally pretty adventurous and like to do interesting/unique things that are non-touristy. Let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 EPSON@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Itinerary Ideas
- 4 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 5 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 6 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 7 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 8 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 9 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 10 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 11 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?