Our group has 9 days to do a driving loop in early August starting and ending in Johannesburg. Currently, we are planning to start out with 5 nights in Kruger and then drive down to Kwazulu Natal to do a day of diving in Sodwana Bay. I have two questions that hopefully someone could help with:
1. What is the most economical car rental company in Joburg? My understanding is we do not need a 4x4 for Kruger, so I imagine any car will do. Should we go with one of the big companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz, etc.), or are there other options we should consider?
2. With the current itinerary, we have 4 days to kill and slowly make our way back to Joburg from Sodwana. Any ideas or recommendations for ways to spend the time? Are there any hikes in the Drakensberg mountains we could look into? We're generally pretty adventurous and like to do interesting/unique things that are non-touristy. Let me know!
Kruger and Kwazulu Natal Questions
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Zanzibar - from a resident's perspective
- 2 Now is the Time fo Egypt...
- 3 Magnificent wedding in the Masai Mara
- 4 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 5 Zambia Impressions
- 6 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 7 Travel Report for Malawi - A Great Place To Relax
- 8 Serengeti Photo Safari - April 2015
- 9 Johannesburg to Cape Town
- 10 Comments on Botswana itinerary with Wilderness Travel
- 11 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 12 Morocco floods - areas affected
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 Mauritius September 2015 - Silver Beach Resort or Emeraude Beach Attitude?
- 15 Taste of Dubai
- 16 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 17 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 18 Canoe Safari Jan - Feb
- 19 Dubai and/or Oman
- 20 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 21 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 22 Morocco Advice
- 23 MOROCCO SOLO
- 24 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 25 Suggestions for a group tour