Our group has 9 days to do a driving loop in early August starting and ending in Johannesburg. Currently, we are planning to start out with 5 nights in Kruger and then drive down to Kwazulu Natal to do a day of diving in Sodwana Bay. I have two questions that hopefully someone could help with:
1. What is the most economical car rental company in Joburg? My understanding is we do not need a 4x4 for Kruger, so I imagine any car will do. Should we go with one of the big companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz, etc.), or are there other options we should consider?
2. With the current itinerary, we have 4 days to kill and slowly make our way back to Joburg from Sodwana. Any ideas or recommendations for ways to spend the time? Are there any hikes in the Drakensberg mountains we could look into? We're generally pretty adventurous and like to do interesting/unique things that are non-touristy. Let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 2 Mombasa recomendations please
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Private tours in Morocco
- 5 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 6 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 7 First time to Africa-need help!
- 8 How do I know if a company is legit
- 9 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 15 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 16 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 17 Ethiopian security
- 18 Duffel Bag Suggestions?
- 19 Eyes on Africa Safari Recommendations???
- 20 morocco
- 21 Morocco 10 days - plz review
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Is an Iranian visa a problem when entering Israel?
- 24 Casablanca or Rabat for two night stay
- 25 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi