Our group has 9 days to do a driving loop in early August starting and ending in Johannesburg. Currently, we are planning to start out with 5 nights in Kruger and then drive down to Kwazulu Natal to do a day of diving in Sodwana Bay. I have two questions that hopefully someone could help with:
1. What is the most economical car rental company in Joburg? My understanding is we do not need a 4x4 for Kruger, so I imagine any car will do. Should we go with one of the big companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz, etc.), or are there other options we should consider?
2. With the current itinerary, we have 4 days to kill and slowly make our way back to Joburg from Sodwana. Any ideas or recommendations for ways to spend the time? Are there any hikes in the Drakensberg mountains we could look into? We're generally pretty adventurous and like to do interesting/unique things that are non-touristy. Let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Store the product in a cool and dry vicinity
- 2 How to apply Massive Testo
- 3 Audley Travel
- 4 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 5 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 6 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 7 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 8 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 9 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 10 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 11 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 12 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 13 Safari in South Africa
- 14 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 15 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 16 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 17 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 18 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 19 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 20 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 21 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 22 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 23 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 24 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 25 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport