Our group has 9 days to do a driving loop in early August starting and ending in Johannesburg. Currently, we are planning to start out with 5 nights in Kruger and then drive down to Kwazulu Natal to do a day of diving in Sodwana Bay. I have two questions that hopefully someone could help with:
1. What is the most economical car rental company in Joburg? My understanding is we do not need a 4x4 for Kruger, so I imagine any car will do. Should we go with one of the big companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz, etc.), or are there other options we should consider?
2. With the current itinerary, we have 4 days to kill and slowly make our way back to Joburg from Sodwana. Any ideas or recommendations for ways to spend the time? Are there any hikes in the Drakensberg mountains we could look into? We're generally pretty adventurous and like to do interesting/unique things that are non-touristy. Let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 2 Dubai - 4 hours between flights, what can you do ??
- 3 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 4 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 5 Cairo International Airport
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 8 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 9 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 10 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 11 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 12 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 13 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 14 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 15 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 16 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 17 Dubai Guide
- 18 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 19 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 20 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 21 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 22 Loldia House Kenya
- 23 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 24 Alexandria
- 25 kicheche compared to porini