Our group has 9 days to do a driving loop in early August starting and ending in Johannesburg. Currently, we are planning to start out with 5 nights in Kruger and then drive down to Kwazulu Natal to do a day of diving in Sodwana Bay. I have two questions that hopefully someone could help with:
1. What is the most economical car rental company in Joburg? My understanding is we do not need a 4x4 for Kruger, so I imagine any car will do. Should we go with one of the big companies (e.g. Avis, Hertz, etc.), or are there other options we should consider?
2. With the current itinerary, we have 4 days to kill and slowly make our way back to Joburg from Sodwana. Any ideas or recommendations for ways to spend the time? Are there any hikes in the Drakensberg mountains we could look into? We're generally pretty adventurous and like to do interesting/unique things that are non-touristy. Let me know!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 name issue
- 2 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 3 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 4 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 5 Madagascar suggestions
- 6 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 7 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 8 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 9 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 10 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 11 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 12 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 13 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 14 Single traveler
- 15 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 16 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 17 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 18 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 19 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 20 morocco help please
- 21 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 22 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 23 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?
- 24 Nile cruise with Uniworld, October 2015
- 25 Israel for 10 days