I posted last week about flying Rwandair - thank to all who responded! I am now working on trying to book a gorilla trip and would like to ask more advice.
I will be in Rwanda from 19-23 March for a work trip. But I'm told I can't leave Rwanda without seeing the Gorillas so I'm trying to organize a very quick trip to PNV. My best options, as far as I can tell:
1) Organize a trip on my own (arrange my own permits, etc.) - hire a car to take me to Ruhengeri in the afternoon, spend the night, trek the next morning, and arrange my own transport back to Kigali that afternoon.
2) Hire a tour operator who offers a quick one- or two-day trip and go that way. I've investigated a bit and Kiboko Safaris offers a one-day tour (leaving at 3:30 a.m.!) from Kigali to PNV and back for 545$US.
Sorry for the long-windedness! So here are my questions: 1) Has anyone had any experience with Kiboke Safaris? 2) Is a one-day trip to see the gorillas too much?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 UFC Fight Night Maia vs Condit Live Stream
- 2 tours in Johannesburg
- 3 First Safari trip-on the right track?
- 4 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 5 Viator tour company
- 6 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 7 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 8 South African Cities
- 9 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 10 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 11 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 12 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 13 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 14 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 15 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 16 where to go in africa
- 17 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 18 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 19 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 20 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 21 Help with bags
- 22 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 23 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 24 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 25 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help