I posted last week about flying Rwandair - thank to all who responded! I am now working on trying to book a gorilla trip and would like to ask more advice.
I will be in Rwanda from 19-23 March for a work trip. But I'm told I can't leave Rwanda without seeing the Gorillas so I'm trying to organize a very quick trip to PNV. My best options, as far as I can tell:
1) Organize a trip on my own (arrange my own permits, etc.) - hire a car to take me to Ruhengeri in the afternoon, spend the night, trek the next morning, and arrange my own transport back to Kigali that afternoon.
2) Hire a tour operator who offers a quick one- or two-day trip and go that way. I've investigated a bit and Kiboko Safaris offers a one-day tour (leaving at 3:30 a.m.!) from Kigali to PNV and back for 545$US.
Sorry for the long-windedness! So here are my questions: 1) Has anyone had any experience with Kiboke Safaris? 2) Is a one-day trip to see the gorillas too much?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 NOW: AOL Email SUPP0RT Number +1-8OO:681:7208 Reset Password
- 2 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 3 Safari suggestions
- 4 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 5 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 6 Travel to Cairo in July
- 7 Targin into Zambia
- 8 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 9 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 10 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 11 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 12 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 15 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 16 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 17 Passport question for International flight
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 Tour operator near me
- 20 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 21 Sim card mainly for data
- 22 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 23 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 24 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 25 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?