I posted last week about flying Rwandair - thank to all who responded! I am now working on trying to book a gorilla trip and would like to ask more advice.
I will be in Rwanda from 19-23 March for a work trip. But I'm told I can't leave Rwanda without seeing the Gorillas so I'm trying to organize a very quick trip to PNV. My best options, as far as I can tell:
1) Organize a trip on my own (arrange my own permits, etc.) - hire a car to take me to Ruhengeri in the afternoon, spend the night, trek the next morning, and arrange my own transport back to Kigali that afternoon.
2) Hire a tour operator who offers a quick one- or two-day trip and go that way. I've investigated a bit and Kiboko Safaris offers a one-day tour (leaving at 3:30 a.m.!) from Kigali to PNV and back for 545$US.
Sorry for the long-windedness! So here are my questions: 1) Has anyone had any experience with Kiboke Safaris? 2) Is a one-day trip to see the gorillas too much?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 2 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 3 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 4 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 5 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 6 Petra from Israel
- 7 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 8 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 9 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 10 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 11 israel tour
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 14 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 15 Luxury train ride
- 16 Safety in Fes
- 17 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 18 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 19 Sim card mainly for data
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 22 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 23 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 24 Cape Town
- 25 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst