I posted last week about flying Rwandair - thank to all who responded! I am now working on trying to book a gorilla trip and would like to ask more advice.
I will be in Rwanda from 19-23 March for a work trip. But I'm told I can't leave Rwanda without seeing the Gorillas so I'm trying to organize a very quick trip to PNV. My best options, as far as I can tell:
1) Organize a trip on my own (arrange my own permits, etc.) - hire a car to take me to Ruhengeri in the afternoon, spend the night, trek the next morning, and arrange my own transport back to Kigali that afternoon.
2) Hire a tour operator who offers a quick one- or two-day trip and go that way. I've investigated a bit and Kiboko Safaris offers a one-day tour (leaving at 3:30 a.m.!) from Kigali to PNV and back for 545$US.
Sorry for the long-windedness! So here are my questions: 1) Has anyone had any experience with Kiboke Safaris? 2) Is a one-day trip to see the gorillas too much?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 2 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 3 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 4 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 5 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 6 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 7 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 8 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 9 Passport pages stuck together
- 10 Self drive tour south africa
- 11 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 12 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 13 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 14 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 15 Duba activities - help deciding
- 16 Eilat
- 17 recommendations for AI islands
- 18 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 19 Petra from Israel
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 What makes South Africa unique & different from other places in the world?
- 22 16hours transit at Doha
- 23 Travel with Children to South Africa with Emirates
- 24 Itinerary Input- Specifically on GR or staying longer in CT
- 25 South Africa Tour Company