I posted last week about flying Rwandair - thank to all who responded! I am now working on trying to book a gorilla trip and would like to ask more advice.
I will be in Rwanda from 19-23 March for a work trip. But I'm told I can't leave Rwanda without seeing the Gorillas so I'm trying to organize a very quick trip to PNV. My best options, as far as I can tell:
1) Organize a trip on my own (arrange my own permits, etc.) - hire a car to take me to Ruhengeri in the afternoon, spend the night, trek the next morning, and arrange my own transport back to Kigali that afternoon.
2) Hire a tour operator who offers a quick one- or two-day trip and go that way. I've investigated a bit and Kiboko Safaris offers a one-day tour (leaving at 3:30 a.m.!) from Kigali to PNV and back for 545$US.
Sorry for the long-windedness! So here are my questions: 1) Has anyone had any experience with Kiboke Safaris? 2) Is a one-day trip to see the gorillas too much?
Kiboko Safaris in Rwanda
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 2 Morocco Advice
- 3 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 4 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 5 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 6 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 7 I'm going on safari for free!
- 8 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 9 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 12 Dubai first time
- 13 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 14 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 15 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 16 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 17 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 18 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 19 Anyone Else heading to Egypt in December?
- 20 16 day mixed trip
- 21 7 days visit to Jordan in Dec 2014
- 22 Canadian Insurance
- 23 Evacuation Insurance
- 24 Botswana - Kwara or Victoria Falls/Chobe (after 9 nights around Kruger)
- 25 Bespoke East Africa Kenya and Tanzania Safari