I have not been to Africa before and am wanting to go there to hike Kilimanjaro and go on Safari. It looks like I will be travelling by myself. I have heard that it is less costly if I wait until I get to Kenya/Tanzania and book with local companies there.
Also, my plan is to hike Kilimanjaro, see the Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Then I would like to go to Kenya to the Masai Mara. I have 3-4 weeks and an $8000. budget, not including flights. Is this do-able? and any recommendations about travelling alone, when to book, and how to approach the things I would like to do. Oh, I am going in the month of July.
Thanks : )
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 9 nights in February
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 Has Anyone Been to Sudan...?
- 4 participational photo project "Sun aroud the Globe"
- 5 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 Where to go for lunch and dinner in Fes, Marrakech, and Essaouira
- 8 Free walking tours Medina Marrakech ???
- 9 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 10 Israel Transportation
- 11 Changing planes at Dubai
- 12 Chaos in the old Medina-Marrakech
- 13 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 14 North African Tips for a First Timer
- 15 Morocco help
- 16 First trip to Africa
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 19 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 20 IRAN
- 21 Money in Uganda
- 22 Uganda Visa
- 23 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 24 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 25 Private Guide for Cairo