I have not been to Africa before and am wanting to go there to hike Kilimanjaro and go on Safari. It looks like I will be travelling by myself. I have heard that it is less costly if I wait until I get to Kenya/Tanzania and book with local companies there.
Also, my plan is to hike Kilimanjaro, see the Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Then I would like to go to Kenya to the Masai Mara. I have 3-4 weeks and an $8000. budget, not including flights. Is this do-able? and any recommendations about travelling alone, when to book, and how to approach the things I would like to do. Oh, I am going in the month of July.
Thanks : )
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J27ltv9jwGo
- 2 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 3 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 4 israel tour
- 5 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 6 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 7 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 8 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 9 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 10 Luxury train ride
- 11 Safety in Fes
- 12 Petra from Israel
- 13 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Sim card mainly for data
- 16 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 17 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 18 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 19 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 20 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 21 Cape Town
- 22 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Travel to Cairo in July
- 25 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!