I have not been to Africa before and am wanting to go there to hike Kilimanjaro and go on Safari. It looks like I will be travelling by myself. I have heard that it is less costly if I wait until I get to Kenya/Tanzania and book with local companies there.
Also, my plan is to hike Kilimanjaro, see the Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Then I would like to go to Kenya to the Masai Mara. I have 3-4 weeks and an $8000. budget, not including flights. Is this do-able? and any recommendations about travelling alone, when to book, and how to approach the things I would like to do. Oh, I am going in the month of July.
Thanks : )
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Binocular rentals
- 2 Dead Sea day trip
- 3 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 4 Marrakech
- 5 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 6 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 7 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 8 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 9 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 10 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 11 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 12 Itinerary Ideas
- 13 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 14 Travel to Botswana
- 15 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 16 Loldia House Kenya
- 17 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 18 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 19 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 20 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 21 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 22 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 23 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 24 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006