I have not been to Africa before and am wanting to go there to hike Kilimanjaro and go on Safari. It looks like I will be travelling by myself. I have heard that it is less costly if I wait until I get to Kenya/Tanzania and book with local companies there.
Also, my plan is to hike Kilimanjaro, see the Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Then I would like to go to Kenya to the Masai Mara. I have 3-4 weeks and an $8000. budget, not including flights. Is this do-able? and any recommendations about travelling alone, when to book, and how to approach the things I would like to do. Oh, I am going in the month of July.
Thanks : )
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 the first-rate methods to lose
- 2 How to book a hotel in qazvin and alamut
- 3 Private Guide for Cairo
- 4 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 5 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 6 Texting from US to Israel
- 7 Itinerary Ideas
- 8 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 9 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 10 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 11 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 12 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 13 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 14 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 15 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 16 Passport pages stuck together
- 17 Self drive tour south africa
- 18 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 19 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 20 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 21 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 22 Duba activities - help deciding
- 23 Eilat
- 24 recommendations for AI islands
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions