I'm signing up for some volunteer work in Africa (half my time in Kenya and the other half at Victoria Falls)...I get to choose my dates. For me, mid January 2012 is a good time frame...what will weather be like then? On my long weekends off I'll be able to go on a couple day safari or other adventures, so I'm just curious what safaris that time of year are like?
Also, most importantly - I've never flown overseas before. What's the best way to look for flights from Boston to Nairobi? And then I need to look for a flight Nairobi to Livingstone? And then Livingstone back to Boston?
What sites/resources could I use?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 2 5 Interesting Nigerian Marriage Traditions
- 3 4 Nigerian Foods with Foreign Origins
- 4 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 5 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 6 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 7 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 8 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 9 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 10 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 11 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 12 Dubai Guide
- 13 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 14 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 15 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 16 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 19 Alexandria
- 20 kicheche compared to porini
- 21 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 22 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 23 Chefchaouen Report
- 24 Tracking Gorillas
- 25 Garden Route itinerary