We did the Highlights of East Africa trip to Kenya & Tanzania the first 2 weeks of August. What can I say about Africa that hasn't been said already? It is an amazing adventure, not a vacation. We selected A&K for several reasons, one of which was their reputation, quality of vehicles, hotels used. they did not disappoint. I saw a lot of crowded vehicles with sweaty people on the roads and that would not have made me happy. I am sure we could have saved some money with other operators, the Mikato (?) jeeps looked nice as well. A few things I learned - shop for gifts when they say shop, there were not many opportunities other than the hotel gift shops
Kenya / Tanzania with A&K - Photos
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 15 days, 5 walks, 4 medinas, 3 gal of mint tea, 2 camel rides, one Morocco!
- 2 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 3 Quick question about Kenya..
- 4 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 5 Egypt, Israel and Jordan safety concerns.
- 6 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 7 Questions about Chobe
- 8 Mala Mala Luxury Suite or Sabi Sabi Mandleve Presidential Suite?
- 9 What camera to use on safari
- 10 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 11 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 12 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 13 India
- 14 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 15 Ideas about the trip.
- 16 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 17 3 days in Teheran
- 18 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 19 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 20 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 21 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 22 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 23 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 24 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 25 Botswana vs Namibia in May