I'm looking at honeymoon options and this is our holy-crap-not-sure-we-can-afford-this-but-what-could-possibly-be-more-amazing option. So, we are putting together a sample itinerary.
First off, is it really that much of a game changer/necessary to use a travel agent or African specialist when planning, or can a trip like this be organized on our own with research? I've sent some package options too but I tend to like to personalize...
Should we spend a night in Nairobi after the long flight to recoup before our safari? Would that be easier logistically? What about between the safari and Seychelles?
KENYA: After looking at camps, I have really fallen in love with the idea of Kichwa Tembo or Sasaab. They're both "luxury" and romantic and while KT is more moderately priced, The Safari Collection does offer deals for the time of year we are looking at. They're both beautiful!!! I'm open to other suggestions, too. Does anyone have a strong preference/insight? Someone mentioned Ol Donyo, for example. I don't know a lot about it, yet.
SEYCHELLES: Carana Beach Hotel or Hilton Labriz?
Our current plan is 4 nights in Kenya, 5-7 in Seychelles depending on what day we fly in (since flights are only offered between Nairobi and Mahe four days a week). Sound like a good balance?
Last question: We can do anytime in June. This means we may be too early to see the big migration, but I'm ok with that. It's not about checking certain animals off a list for me... I'd be happy to see anything, as long as there is a fair amount of wildlife. I'm interested a lot in people/culture too. Does going in early June v. late June really make that much of a difference?
Anything else you can think to tell a couple of first timers in Africa?
Thank you so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 2 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 3 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 4 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 5 Self drive tour south africa
- 6 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 7 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 8 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 9 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 10 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 11 Duba activities - help deciding
- 12 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 15 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 16 Texting from US to Israel
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 19 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 20 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 21 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 22 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 23 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 24 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 25 Passport pages stuck together