DH , I and two friends will be on a private safari in Kenya this February. This will be our first trip to Africa. We are trying to figure out the tipping issue. Do the driver/guides/wait staff, etc. prefer tips in USD or Kenyan Shillings? Any advice on this or the customs in general would be greatly appreciated.
Kenya Safari Tipping
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Taking SA rental car into Zimbabwe and/or Botswana
- 2 3 weeks in Zimbabwe with a rented Jeep - our experience
- 3 Novice Safari question
- 4 Dubai and Bangkok
- 5 Short stop in Dubai on our way to Bangkok for a few days
- 6 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 7 Hotels in Nairobi
- 8 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 9 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 10 Remote Rivers Tours-Madagascar
- 11 Morocco in April 2014
- 12 Morocco Desert Safari - end of May too hot?
- 13 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 14 Uganda Travel Planning
- 15 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 16 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 17 Kenya Safari: Ngerende Island Lodge, Mara Bushtops, or Porini Camps?
- 18 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 19 Green Season Safari Questions
- 20 Quick question about Kenya..
- 21 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 22 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 23 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 24 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 25 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?