I'm going on a Kenya safari in October (Nairobi and Masai Mara) and as it gets closer to it I'm getting more and more anxious. My main concern is health precautions, especially having to be vaccinated against numerous diseases as recommended by CDC: boosters of "regular" vaccines, plus Hepatitis, rabies, typhoid, etc. Further, I'm very susceptible to insect bites, unlike my husband. I know malaria medication and mosquito prevention are a must, but are all vaccines also necessary? We'll be there only 5 days and staying in reputable camps. Are the CDC vaccine recommendations overcautious or should they be followed? Thank you.
Kenya safari anxiety
- 1 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 2 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 3 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 4 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 5 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 6 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 7 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 8 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 9 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 10 Africa Safari
- 11 Morocco - private tour operators
- 12 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 13 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 14 Kruger Park trip
- 15 First time in Zimbawbe, SA, Safari, etc. Really need your help.
- 16 Exclusie use vehicles at Mala Mala and Londolozi
- 17 phone service
- 18 how to join a Kenya safari once in country
- 19 Qatar - Doha my photos
- 20 The Grace Hotel (Johannesburg) is closing
- 21 Kenya + Ngorongoro or Serengeti?
- 22 Ashdod to Jaffa and Tel Aviv
- 23 Haifa - Acre & the Baha'i Gardens
- 24 Marrakesh and Fez w/ side trip
- 25 What about Intrepid Travel as a tour company?