This is more specific now - my sister (her very first safari) and I will be doing the gorillas from 17 June 2013, this is now booked with a hefty nonrefundable deposit! We now have an opening to do a bit of a safari before the gorillas and after we work in an animal rehab centre. So we will be coming from Nelspruit to Johannesburg then onto Option 1 or Option 2.
My ta has come back with this information:
1 night Nairobi $300
4 nights - Royal Mara $4500
Exploreans Mara Riant Camp $5600
Serian Mara Camp $6400
1 night Nairobi $1200 (this is The Giraffe Manor)
1 night Arusha $300
4 nights - Kirawira $8300
1 night Kigali
and i do have an Option 3
Sabi Sands for 4 nights - Savanna $5600
or Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp $5700
The prices are rounded and in Australian dollars and for the two of us.
I am leaning towards Tanzania for hopefully some wonderful game experiences for Di as she has never been on safari, yet all her girls have been with me, one has now had 5 african trips, so wanting it to be special for her.
Really would have liked to do the Giraffe Manor, as that is something unique and I still remember your fabulous photos Cindy!
Obviously this cost includes flights to camps but not from Jo'burg to city before the small charter flight.
I did get a quote for Sabi Sands as it seemed the easier option but neither of those camps get me too excited re the gameviewing side of things.
So, those that have good knowledge of Tanzania and Kenya, which would you be doing at that time of the year?
Kenya or Tanzania for mid June 2013
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 2 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 3 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 4 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 5 3-week tour at Egypt
- 6 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 7 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 8 Morocco Advice
- 9 Beirut
- 10 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 11 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 12 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 13 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 14 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 15 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 16 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 17 I'm going on safari for free!
- 18 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 19 Dubai first time
- 20 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 21 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 22 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 23 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 24 5 day Seychelles trip in December
- 25 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?