This is more specific now - my sister (her very first safari) and I will be doing the gorillas from 17 June 2013, this is now booked with a hefty nonrefundable deposit! We now have an opening to do a bit of a safari before the gorillas and after we work in an animal rehab centre. So we will be coming from Nelspruit to Johannesburg then onto Option 1 or Option 2.
My ta has come back with this information:
1 night Nairobi $300
4 nights - Royal Mara $4500
Exploreans Mara Riant Camp $5600
Serian Mara Camp $6400
1 night Nairobi $1200 (this is The Giraffe Manor)
1 night Arusha $300
4 nights - Kirawira $8300
1 night Kigali
and i do have an Option 3
Sabi Sands for 4 nights - Savanna $5600
or Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp $5700
The prices are rounded and in Australian dollars and for the two of us.
I am leaning towards Tanzania for hopefully some wonderful game experiences for Di as she has never been on safari, yet all her girls have been with me, one has now had 5 african trips, so wanting it to be special for her.
Really would have liked to do the Giraffe Manor, as that is something unique and I still remember your fabulous photos Cindy!
Obviously this cost includes flights to camps but not from Jo'burg to city before the small charter flight.
I did get a quote for Sabi Sands as it seemed the easier option but neither of those camps get me too excited re the gameviewing side of things.
So, those that have good knowledge of Tanzania and Kenya, which would you be doing at that time of the year?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 2 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 3 Trip to Petra
- 4 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 5 A Thorough Guide To Fixing That Printer At This Point Not Working
- 6 Approaches On The Best Way To Keep Beautiful
- 7 contract, and in view that the phrases
- 8 Cape Town -safety
- 9 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 10 Trip to Merzouga
- 11 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 12 Swaziland in January
- 13 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 14 good internet connection option Meknes
- 15 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 16 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 17 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 18 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 19 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 20 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 21 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 22 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 23 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 24 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 25 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi