I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Kenya or South Africa
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 2 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 3 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 4 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 5 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 6 Tour to Morocco
- 7 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 8 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 9 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 10 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 11 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 12 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 13 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 14 Electronics to travel with
- 15 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 16 Uganda again
- 17 November at victoria falls
- 18 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 19 Best tour guides in Jerusalem
- 20 Climb Kilimanjaro advice
- 21 NEVER travel with Grande Navi Veloci
- 22 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 23 Royal Jordanian or El Al: For Tel Aviv with Petra Side-trip
- 24 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 25 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area