I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 2 Uganda Visit - A beautiful Country
- 3 A Thorough Guide To Fixing That Printer At This Point Not Working
- 4 Approaches On The Best Way To Keep Beautiful
- 5 contract, and in view that the phrases
- 6 Cape Town -safety
- 7 South Africa Adventure Activities - Help Needed
- 8 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Advice Needed - Mid-May 2017
- 9 Trip to Merzouga
- 10 Any advise on travelling in Morocco
- 11 Swaziland in January
- 12 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 13 good internet connection option Meknes
- 14 Overnight train from Fez to Marrakesh
- 15 Trip Report: June, 2016 S. Africa, Zambia and Malawi
- 16 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Safari - March 2017 Timbavati vs. Sabi Sands
- 19 Pictures & Trip Report - Self-drive: South Africa & Namibia 2008
- 20 Tanzania Safari with OAT
- 21 what size ll bean adventure duffle for safari
- 22 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 How I survived in Africa Traveling in a primitive African tribe Mursi
- 25 weekend from Joburg - 3rd trip to city