I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Kenya or South Africa
- 1 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 2 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 3 Bugs n' Botswana
- 4 Safari Cost Comparison
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 7 Group Trip to Israel
- 8 My Trip to Palestine
- 9 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 10 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 11 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 12 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 13 My trip to Egypt .....
- 14 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 15 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 16 Safari and Beach in June
- 17 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 18 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 19 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 20 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 21 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 22 Homestay Accomodation
- 23 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 24 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 25 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia