I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 It can beautify the electricity of your muscle groups
- 2 Isreal
- 3 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 4 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 5 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 6 Binocular rentals
- 7 Namibia: any suggestion for a 3 weeks self drive roundtrip?
- 8 Marrakech
- 9 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 10 Dead Sea day trip
- 11 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 12 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 13 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 14 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 15 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 16 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 17 Itinerary Ideas
- 18 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 19 Travel to Botswana
- 20 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 23 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 24 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 25 several short safaris vs one longer one