I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 2 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 3 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 4 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 5 South African Cities
- 6 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 7 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 8 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 9 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 10 Help with bags
- 11 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 12 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 13 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 14 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 where to go in africa
- 17 Israeli Tour Guides
- 18 Shopping in Morocco
- 19 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017
- 20 Weekend trip to a Middle Eastern City
- 21 HELP! 20+ days in Africa - First time ever trip
- 22 Tanzanian Safari, trip report
- 23 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 24 car hire from La Possession
- 25 Yellow Fever, visiting Tanzania