I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town -safety
- 2 Widerness Lodges
- 3 SA itin review
- 4 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 5 Botswana safari in late November
- 6 Tipping on Safari
- 7 Ferry to Morocco
- 8 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 9 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 10 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 11 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 12 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 13 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 14 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 15 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 16 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 17 Fuerteventura: SS America (SS American Star)
- 18 Lodge Feedback
- 19 Flying to Fes from Europe
- 20 Driving in South Africa
- 21 Help with 9 day itinerary - Essaouira or time in the desert
- 22 Itinerary Help - 9 Full days in Morocco
- 23 Casablanca, Hassan II Mosque tour times
- 24 Cape Town and Safari trip report
- 25 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience