I'm thinking of doing my first ever safari next year. I'm going with a group of friends and we've decided while we can't afford a 5 star experience, we definitely don't want to rough it either.
As a starting point I thought I'd come on here and find out if anybody has been on safari in both Kenya and South Africa and if so, which they preferred and why.
We're trying to select a destination based on people's experiences rather than travel guide book hype.
All we want is to see some animals and maybe some other local attractions, we're not bothered about nightlife or shopping.
If it's relevant, we're all keen amateur photographers too, so any tips around that would be great.
Any help is really appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 2 Business Tycoon in Tanzania
- 3 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 4 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 5 Safari suggestions
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Travel to Cairo in July
- 8 Targin into Zambia
- 9 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 10 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 11 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 12 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 13 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 14 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 15 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 16 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 17 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 18 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 19 Passport question for International flight
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 Tour operator near me
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 25 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?